I play a lot of Hardcore/Grungy style metal music....think Norma Jean, TDWP,Oh sleeper, etc.

I play through a peavey valveking and it does fine when its cranked....but I get alot of buzz and feedback

I was just wondering that if I bought a compression pedal would it eliminate the buzzing and most of the feedback, or would it be more trouble (cash) than it's worth?
Nah not a compression, you would want a noise gate, try the boss one.
Also, what guitar do you use?
MySpace Profile
If you don't eat your meat, you can't have any pudding. How can you have any pudding if you don't eat your meat?

I use an epi les paul standard.

and thanks for telling me that I woulda probably went and bought a compressor

thanks guys
hey... you could buy a noise suppressor, and it might get rid of the buzz, but i have to say, i play a les paul thru a valveking and get almost no noise. do you use a lot of pedals?

its possible your prob could be down to something like ground loop hum if u use lots of pedals, or it could be something as simple as a bad earth.

seriously, think about that. whats the point of suppressing noise you could actually eliminate???

i may be wrong, but for me, the noise gate/suppressor would be the last port of call before checking earth and gound loop.

regards

G
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
Yeah, check all your cables first. Try a different guitar with a similar setup to yours (i.e. humbuckers.) and also try plugging your VK in a different spot.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??