i have a 1974 fender strat contour body with a steal reinforced neck i was wondering the value and i know if it was made in america it would be worth more is there like a serial number list of were all the guitars were made?
you can check the seriel number at fender.com
Quote by dcdossett65
Life is too short to worry about this crap.

Who.

Cares.
CBS Strats aren't usually the best priced Strats. Usually, they're worth a few pounds, so you may aswell just send it off to me.

I'm kidding!

But they aren't as well priced as 1954-1964 Strats, mainly because they were more mass produced and things of the sort. Maybe expect £4000-£5000, depening on the quality.

And just to say, it would have been made in Fullerton, because I think all Fenders up until 1985 were made there.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You won't get much to be fair, 70s strats aren't looked for much, you could easily get over a grand, but don't expect it to sell for muc more than £3000.
2008 Vintage Price guide range is $3400-4900 depending on shape. But then again prices have been much softer since summer and before the stock market crash.
1999 Gibson LP R9
2006 Tele John Cruz Masterbuilt
2007 MIA Strat Sunburst
2008 PRS SC-J Thinline Black Cherry/Bigsby (for sale)
2009 Zerberus Hydra II
2009 Custom Red Strat

Traynor YCV-50 Blue
ty im not looking to sell at all its going to be in the family my dad bought it i will have it then my son will have it maybe a good college fund...in 20 some years