Well today I went to pickup (and pay for) my new bass an '06 Musicman SUB (stingray version) with active EQ. Bought for £350 from a nice guy on the basschat forums!

So far I am very happy with her (already calling it a woman ) haven't played around too much with the EQ and other things just really played everything and anything I know on it in the last 3 hours and to say I love it is pretty much an understatement. It's pretty damn good for slap, tapping and using any other method of playing.

Pictures! (sorry there a bit low quality and huge - there from the seller but I'll upload some more soonish)

Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Soon a Fender Deluxe Jazz V & an LTD 206
sweet
Epiphone G-400
Yamaha Pacifica (Mod on hold due to procrastination)
Rocktron Banshee
Marshall 10CD

Quote by geetarguy13

I've never smoked before but it looks like fun.
Ah nice, glad to see he sold that! He had it up for ages! And gratz man, i have one and they're awesome
I love SUBS, I think they look nicer than the Stingrays. You got that for a great price too.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Yeah, I saw it was a good deal and went for it. I guess I came out on top and Chemical I agree with you the paint on this thing is lovely, and the pickguard looks pretty nice.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

See i prefer the finishes on the stingrays, some of them are absolutely stunning! The SUB finishes aren't bad though. also i put a black guard on my red one, looks loads better i think.
I love the basschat forums for the classifieds. Bought my Ashdown and by GEB7 off there, everyone's really friendly and honest. Good prices too, way more convienent than buying off ebay!

Gear:
Fender Standard Jazz Bass
Artec Matrix Pedal Tuner
BBE Optostomp
Boss GEB 7
EHX NYC Big Muff
Ashdown MAG C410T-300
Torque T100BX
GAS-ing for:
Boss SYB5
Behringer Intelligate IG9
Quote by froggyman
is SUB a lower end version of the Stingray like OLPS?

If OLP are Squier then the SUB's are the MIM's
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Very nice
You gotta a great price for it too well done
Quote by guitarhero_764
I think you need to stop caring what people think about it. I stayed home all day today and masturbated like 5 times. Fucking blast.

Ibanez ATK300 ◈ Sansamp VT Bass ◈ EHX Nano Small Stone ◈ Hartke LH500 ◈ Ashdown/Celestion 115
Quote by froggyman
Thanks....for clarifiying so better than OLP but not as good as a Standard gotcha!

They were made in the same factories as the Stingrays and use the same pickups, but the wood, bridge, tuners and electronics to a certain degree are a bit lower quality. But there still very solid basses and much much better than the standard MIM Fenders I'd put them on par with the Highway 1 series really. Seeing as the SUBS are MIA.
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Ohh that's tasty! Good buy TS!

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
I've got that exact black one at my house right now. Borrowed it from a friend. At first I didn't like it because the neck is so much thicker than my Jazz, but it's grown on me.
Quote by Ez0ph
That was a different Feb08er that threatened to suck you off
I remember that

Sadly, I was the threatened.
Quote by Firenze

Let it be known that I concur with everything this gentleman says, ever.

www.myspace.com/tarsusmusic
Quote by Rywad
They were made in the same factories as the Stingrays and use the same pickups, but the wood, bridge, tuners and electronics to a certain degree are a bit lower quality. But there still very solid basses and much much better than the standard MIM Fenders I'd put them on par with the Highway 1 series really. Seeing as the SUBS are MIA.

Actually the electronics are exactly the same as a 2 band SR4. It's the wood (poplar or alder as opposed to ash i tink), the finishes (textured on the body and black on the neck) and the tuning pegs (made by musicman rather than schaller)
Pfft, 'tis not as good as my make believe Spector.
Quote by skater dan0
Damn you and your ninja-like modding
Quote by budget bassist
Actually the electronics are exactly the same as a 2 band SR4. It's the wood (poplar or alder as opposed to ash i tink), the finishes (textured on the body and black on the neck) and the tuning pegs (made by musicman rather than schaller)

I wasn't aware of those things, makes me love her even more!
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

Quote by Rywad
I wasn't aware of those things, makes me love her even more!

Me too!

I think i may have spent too long on the EBMM forums!
Nice. And you have already upgraded your sig. I wish I had a new Bass...

Honestly, there's no reason i don't have a new one, except that I don't want to shell out for it now.
I have:
Acoustic B200H+B115 cab, Schecter Stiletto Custom 4, Rondo Fretless, Boss EQ-7.

Some men just want to watch the world burn. And they work at Behringer.
Quote by budget bassist
Me too!

I think i may have spent too long on the EBMM forums!

I think you helped me out on those forums, signed up a week or so ago and asked a couple of questions about finding a flight case and a new pickguard, I'm going towards black or white pearloid
Gear:

Musicman SUB 5
Ibanez SRX305
Ibanez GSR200
Ashdown MAG300 C115
Ashdown MAG 210 cab

hmmmm, can't remember that one... though my memory does suck, my name on there is "the unrepentant" yeah, crap i know
Im actually quite jealous, i was after one of them for ages
Its nice, look after her lol
The Official "Rockin' Roadie"

-Lakland Skyline 44-02
-Fender Marcus Miller Jazz
-Fender MiM Precision
-Fender TC90 Thinline
-Squier Stratocaster w/mods (1989)
-Orange Dual Terror
-Marshall Valvestate 8280
-Marshall VS412
-Various pedals