I just bought a 5 string btb ibanez, its very comfortable to play but when i strum (fingers) the strings they like make the tappy noise like the strings are floppy, this is only on Standard tuning and i wanted to drop to C with it. Do i need to adjust bridge or what cuz i think i got either the thickess or 2nd thickess legit 5 string- strings out there =( or could i get like 50-115 (not including B) on my 5 string??

Please help
Strum...what?

Do you mean you have fret buzz, TS? A setup would probably fix that.
Nope, no sig here.
no like when i finger a string like the string gets slapped on to the fretboard, meaning the strings are too loose or the bridge needs adjusting correct?
Your strings are probably fine, but you need to go have the bass set up for playing in C. That's going to take the B down to a G, and that's low as balls. I play in C# on my six, and the G# is even hard to use. Your bridge / action needs adjusting, and possibly needs thicker strings, but definitely go take it to Guitar Center or Sam Ash and have them do it properly.
don't drop c
tune your b-string UP to c

have I opened your eyes now?
Tune all the strings 1 note UP, and you'll have dropped C with an extra highstring and NO frett buzz

Or do you need that super low note from a DOWNtuned b-string?
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Neo Evil11
don't drop c
tune your b-string UP to c

have I opened your eyes now?
Tune all the strings 1 note UP, and you'll have dropped C with an extra highstring and NO frett buzz

Or do you need that super low note from a DOWNtuned b-string?

Not quite right!
To get drop C like that you would have to go from BEADG, to CGCFB, which would mean tuning the higher strings up way too far, creating far too much tension on the neck IMO.

TS: I'd suggest new, slightly heavier gauge strings, and a full set up of your bass.

Quote by MightyAl
How do you physically download an album? Like run your computer off a dynamo on an exercise bike?
Yeh i had the same on my 4 string jazz adn i just sent into a shop.
BB.King +Freddie King+Albert King=three kings of blues!!
Dado23 Of the Australia FTW! Club. PM Alter-Bridge or The_Random_Hero to join. Australians only.
bassbassbassbassbassbassbassbass