I think that it is getting harder to come up with Band names these days because theres so many bands! It really takes time to think of a great band name, and I was wondering how everyone else thinks of them. I mainly just brainstorm, but if you have a unique way, post please!
No one would ever think of using the name 'Necrognome', so I guess I got lucky?
Well the pit's way of doing it is just putting two crude words next to each other.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
Wait. That's all we did. It was four months of being a band unit before we discovered a name that fitted us in the most appropriate and cool way.
The drummer figured it out by watching one of our favourite films, Ripleys Game. We choose a line from it based on a character in the movie as the name coincided with our sound in a weird and disturbing kind of way - which is the kind of music we play.

So, try reading books, magazines, watching films, be particularly aware of your surroundings and gather as much information as you can. Then compare what you have perceived and link it with your sound, or the members, or something relatable about the band.
I think it's no coincidence band names seem to be getting longer and longer, so coming up with something short and punchy is just tough. It becomes about juxtaposing two (or more) words in a way that makes some sense, but might not be as obvious.
Haha Necrognome. Well I think its more than putting cool sounding words together, I mean look at AC/DC, they put together two of the strongest batteries, Alternating Current/ Direct Current (ie. Electricity). I think I am going to have to think of one topic, research, and put together a great meaning. I dont want my band name to be as stupid as "wecamewithbrokenteeth" <---WTF