I don't know really where else I should post this so I post it here.

I want to start play violin electric or acoustic and I would have couple of questions like:
-Where should I start?
-Should I get acoustic or electronic first?
-Is learning to play really hard?

I'm 15 years old and I've been playing guitar for bout 3 years.

Any help is appreciated!
Quote by Punkismygod
I don't know really where else I should post this so I post it here.

I want to start play violin electric or acoustic and I would have couple of questions like:
-Where should I start?

I'm 15 years old and I've been playing guitar for bout 3 years.

Any help is appreciated!

Find a Violin teacher...and ask them, perhaps?

I would help, but the only Violin/Music teacher I know, is the one who tutored Vanessa Mae and I only met her a few times in Vanessa's house.

German woman, very strict.

Violins have no frets, which I imagine would make difficult to say the least, regardless of if you can play a fretless guitar/bass, or not.

Quote by Skeet UK
Find a Violin teacher...and ask them, perhaps?

I would help, but the only Violin/Music teacher I know, is the one who tutored Vanessa Mae and I only met her a few times in Vanessa's house.

German woman, very strict.

Violins have no frets, which I imagine would make difficult to say the least, regardless of if you can play a fretless guitar/bass, or not.

You know vanessa mae?

I'll try to find some violin teacher, thanks for the response
Quote by Punkismygod
You know vanessa mae?

I'll try to find some violin teacher, thanks for the response

I worked in her house in London for some time. she was very friendly and I fully enjoyed her leaving the house in the summer in tiny cut down jeans and small tops or equally, suited up on her way to the Philharmonic
]I don't know really where else I should post this so I post it here.

I want to start play violin....Hip hip Hurray! You're a jolly good fellow.!......electric or acoustic and I would have couple of questions like:
-Where should I start?
Right where you are now.
Depents on what you want in the end. Violins are not cheap, or should I say; dealers are not always keen on selling cheap instruments. It's not like guitars where I could confidently say; get a cheap Chinese piece of trash and get on with it. When it comes to violins that strategy might work and it might not. You could try to do like me and (semi permanently) borrow a good instrument. I also bought a redicously cheap electric Stagg, and it works remarkably well, though it won't get you a lot of credit in the violin community.
A lot of dealers and teachers offer instruments for hire. That is a good way to get started without taking big financial risks.
Electric fiddles have the advantage that they are cheaper and allow you to practice in silence, which is a good thing especially in the beginning. The drawback is that the feel and respons is not the same as an acoustic one, just like electric guitars are quite unlike acoustics. Skills learned on an electric are not necessarily applicable on an acoustic and vice versa. Good thing about electrics is that they are suitable for some very wicked shredding. All those electronic gadgets that make guitars sound so incredibly evil work even better when a fiddle is plugged in.
Yes and no. It's not by far as hard as many people try to make you believe (among which a lot of violinists and sadly also a lot of violin teachers). Compared to guitars some things are harder, especially intonating. If you don't have a good relative pitch, forget it. But if you can sing a bit or whistle a recognizable tune, you can also learn to play fiddle. When it comes to phrasing and getting across moods, the violin is the easiest and most intuitive instrument ever invented. The paradox here is that exactly this makes the violin also extremely difficult. The possibilitys are endless, and so is the road to accomplishment. No matter how good you are, there'll always be plenty of room for improvement. This can be stimulating as well as frustrating. But basically violins are easy.

Very good luck and a lot of fun