Hey i'm getting a new guitar soon, and it looks like i'm going to get a epiphone les paul custom. I also like the cherry sunburst color, but can't seem to find it. Any info about it? I'll apreciate any info.
I'm pretty sure that Epi stopped making them in Cherry but you can probably find one used if that is the color that you are looking for. These are really nice guitars, I own one and with a few little mods and replacements you can have yourself a nice guitar. Best of luck hope you find one!
Quote by Thepoison92
Go as a tampon
White shirt, white hat, white trousers (cheap ones) and cover the bottom half in fake blood, also have to write 'Tampax' on the shirt, so people know what you are and can then be disgusted.
Quote by H_ngm_n
I'm pretty sure that Epi stopped making them in Cherry but you can probably find one used if that is the color that you are looking for. These are really nice guitars, I own one and with a few little mods and replacements you can have yourself a nice guitar. Best of luck hope you find one!

You can get the Heritage Cherry & Vintage Sunburst on the Custom Plus Models
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Buy a standard?
Quote by demoniacfashion
Is there any black people on UG?
I don't think a lot of black people play guitar anymore.

Quote by Oasis-fanatic
they all kinda went extinct after hendrix really.

Needless to say, I lol'ed.

Quote by human panda
Appart from being on UG or wanking, thats what i mostly do
Eh, Epi Customs are rip offs and you can get far better guitars for what they cost. Look at this for example:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC400VF?sku=512884

It has better pickups and far better build quality than anything Epiphone is currently building.
I'd also look into Ibanez ARX guitars, they look a little funny but are great value.

Quote by gunner0
is the standard as good a guitar as the custom?

Yes, the guitars only look a little different. And both are not very good unless you swap the pickups. Epi's quality control is iffy anyway, so if you want one, never buy online, but get what you can try out first, so you won't buy a lemon in the end.
Last edited by TheQuailman at Nov 29, 2008,
I recommend the LTD EC-400 like TheQuailman suggested, but to throw another one out there, try a PRS SE Singlecut.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by TheQuailman
Eh, Epi Customs are rip offs and you can get far better guitars for what they cost. Look at this for example:
http://guitars.musiciansfriend.com/product/ESP-LTD-EC400VF?sku=512884

It has better pickups and far better build quality than anything Epiphone is currently building.
I'd also look into Ibanez ARX guitars, they look a little funny but are great value.

Yes, the guitars only look a little different. And both are not very good unless you swap the pickups. Epi's quality control is iffy anyway, so if you want one, never buy online, but get what you can try out first, so you won't buy a lemon in the end.

i wouldnt say rip offs but ESPs are still great guitars.
Quote by TheQuailman

ya i've heard that once you change the pickups the guitar sounds alot better
Quote by gunner0
ya i've heard that once you change the pickups the guitar sounds alot better

Depends on your amp, if its a piece of crap you won't hear a difference tonally with its a decent (valve commonly) amp you'll hear a difference.

Don't replace pickups yet.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Quote by Chrisiphone
Depends on your amp, if its a piece of crap you won't hear a difference tonally with its a decent (valve commonly) amp you'll hear a difference.

Don't replace pickups yet.

ya my amp isn't all that great (g-dec junior, my first amp) i'm replacing it in a few months, but if i do get this guitar, and i want to change the pickups, what should i change them with? (i mostly just play rock, if that helps)
Don't consider changing pickups yet, buy a (decent) amp first, then 3 months after if you would like to sculpt your tone a bit more then consider pickups.

E-Married to Funny_Page
Oh dear god man....

Step away from the MG! They are horrible. full stop.

What type of music do you play? do you have a budget?

E-Married to Funny_Page
i just play rock (and some metallica-like metal), and i'm looking for amps in the $400-$700 range.
Hmm, i'm not too sure on recommending budget rock/metal amps.
Post a new thread in Guitar Gear & Accessories about a new amp, tell them your budget, influences and any other features or specs you want.

They are very helpful guys!

E-Married to Funny_Page
LP Customs have solid finishes on the fronts normally. An LTD is not the same as an ESP. Two different lines- one top og the line and one mid- level. The LTD does look good though!
Moving on.....