What amp and guitar do you have would be a good start to tell us..

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
Vintage level pickups for sure. But I think the amp would be more helpful in nailing that tone.
Alvarez dreadnought
Gibson SG
EC-1000
Homemade Strat (seymour duncan classic stack p/ups)
Vox Tonelab (original desktop model) with full board footswitch
Vox AD50
PAF-style pickups probably, but then again it's mostly down to the amp
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
i have a vox ac30 6/TB and a crate v33head with a marshall 4x12. i run both in stereo for the whole show. i tend to like the v33 for my overdrive and my vox for the cleans. anyone know what seymour duncan pickups will sound good for this style?
oh yeah i forgot. i play a gibson les paul classic(cherry sunburst) with gibson 500t and 498r pickups.
Seth Lover (SH-55) sd's or '59s should do the trick
Quote by mexican_shred
^oh jesus christ . just because it has the same brand name and a remotely same name doesnt make it at all the same. its like saying a cat is like a human because its a mammal.
thats cool. i was thinking about the 59 set but i didn't know if they would give me the sound im after. thatnks guys.
No problem
Quote by mexican_shred