Okay I came back from a guitar store and I tried these following guitars: Fender Standard Strat HSS MIM, Ibanez RG4EXFM1, and Ibanez RG350DX. I like the sounds from all those but which one do you think is better in your opinion. I like to play pop,rock (linkin park,coldplay kinda style), and basically anything BUT like heavy metal rock kinda songs. Oh and forgot to mention that I have to stick with the guitar for a long time unless I have enough cash to buy a better guitar.

Thanks
have you considered the ibanez artcore series? great value (around same price as what your looking at -> AS73 for lefth anded was $414), the action is generally better and itll last you for a long time as long as you dont throw it off a three story building
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
skizoman05, Thanks but I dont like the look of the artcore series and it seems bulky :S.
your choice mate - i found the semi hollow to be pretty small - but in any case go with the RG4EXFM1 - i love ibanez and id have it over a fender
When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car.
depends on the trem.
Quote by SmashandBurn
Teacher: "There will be a test tomorrow no exceptions."

Student: "What about complete and utter sexual exhaustion?"

Teacher: "You'll just have to write with your other hand."

Quote by imdeth
Lesbian Link ladies. Oh yes.
I heard that the Floyd Rose on the Ibanez's are a pain in the a**. Will that be a problem for me? I dont know anything like how to tune it if it gets all messed up. I like the look of the guitar and the sound but it's the Floyd Rose thing that I dont understand.
judging from your range in music, I say go with the MIM Strat and get the humbucker in there for the heavier stuff. I have one and it can handle a lot of different styles
Fan of the Ottawa Senators

Quote by apak
My G string keeps slipping when i bend it.
Any suggestions?