I've owned two guitars with emg 81/85 sets, I've never unfortunately played a guitar with Dirty Fingers pups? Can anyone offer me a tonal comparison? Also the SG shape vs Les Paul, once again, played a les paul before, never an SG shape, any comparisons there as well? Thanks
Well, the Dirty Fingers aren't very similar to EMG's .. They have some high output , but the tone is different
SG and Les Paul, no amp right now due to school, around april I will make a large amp purchase. Basic tones I'm after is higher gain punk to metal. I've heard a lot of clips from the dirty fingers and they sound like they might have a bit more character than EMGs....going to be a tough call for sure
Also, bear in mind that the Prophecy Les Paul neck is thinner than the average Les Paul neck (shredder thin, in my experience).

EDIT: it was considerably lighter compared to a normal Les Paul too...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Last edited by aznrockerdude at Nov 29, 2008,
dirty fingers have their own sound i think. i would say their like to 500T but hotter. and they have a better low end.
If you end up choosing the EMG equipped one, you might as well look into LTD EC's...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by aznrockerdude
If you end up choosing the EMG equipped one, you might as well look into LTD EC's...

I had an EC, from my brief playing experience of the prophecy les paul vs. an ec500 I'd take the prophecy over it gladly. They are on sale at a local shop, much cheaper than the EC, and I believe the neck is ebony on the prophecy I was looking at. If it wasn't it felt a lot better than the EC.