Hey so I was at the great House of Guitars yesterday and was just kinda looking at some no-names looking for a diamond in the piles of guitars they have lying around in there. Though a beautiful honeyburst caught my eye and after a bit of haggling grabbed this Jay Turser LP copy.

Of course being a cheap LP copy it has some cheap LP copy parts. These would be the tuners, the bridge, and possibly the pickups. They don't sound horrible, but I wouldn't mind taking them out. On to the pictures we all love so much!

Now, I haven't done a huge amount of customizing, so I'm not really familiar with what parts would be the best to go with. Really I just need some good quality tuners and a bridge. As for the pickups I really just want a good vintage Les Paul sound, would dropping some Gibson '57s in there do the trick or is there a better more cost-effective solution?
Gear
Fender Thinline Telecaster Deluxe

1983 Aria Pro II XX Deluxe Flying V

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

1974 Acoustic(brand) 134 4x10 combo

Epiphone Valve Jr.
More than I should have.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
^ Wow, that's helpful.

Talk to CorduroyEW on here, he will wind pickups for the exact sound you want.

As for hardware, schaller, grover, wilkinson, usually have good stuff.
Enjoi <--- Friend me
Quote by Scowmoo
Otter, you're my new god.
Haha, I only say that because I didn't go home and do any research before I made the purchase. I hate GAS. I ended up paying about $100 more than I needed to at a store that does not give refunds. I'm a bit sore about it but yeah. It cost me $250.

I was definitely thinking Grover tuners and maybe this? http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Bridges,_tailpieces/Electric_guitar,_Tune-o-matic_bridges/Gotoh_510_Bridge_and_Tailpiece.html

I'm not sure if I would be better off getting the tailpiece and bridge seperately or is together a better idea?
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
Ok, so at the moment I am less concerned about the pups and bridge. Tuners though..the guitar needs them desperately. After the last few days, I have tuned the guitar probably close to 8 times. That isn't right. Now, I'm looking at going for Grovers. Probably either
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Full-size_Locking_Tuning_Machines.html
or
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Tuners/Guitar,_solid_peghead_tuners/Grover_Deluxe_Keystones.html

The Keystones I just want because they look ****ing awesome. Basically my two questions are 1. They are the same price pretty much, would it be that much of an advantage going for the locking tuners over the keystones? and 2. Will the keystones fit in there? The current tuners appear to be crappy Grover copies.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.
get Grover locking tuners. They seem good. plus they're Grovers
R.I.P. Les Paul, 1915-2009

A man chooses, a slave obeys.
That's what I was thinking. I found a pretty good looking set on ebay, so I think I'm gonna go for those.

Of course the keystone models are Grover too..they just don't lock. But they look so damn good. I'm torn.
Gear

2007 S101 EGU34

1963 Kay Vanguard

1964 Kay Vanguard

AXL Badwater SRO

Hondo Strat

Epiphone Valve Jr.