Whenever I play a song were it has multiple open notes in one verse like the low d I cant get it to sound like single notes they ring out to much and I was wondering how do I stop that from happening. For example in the beggining of chapter four by avenged sevenfold I cant get those open nots to sound like that so please help!
Quote by hootman6string
Whenever I play a song were it has multiple open notes in one verse like the low d I cant get it to sound like single notes they ring out to much and I was wondering how do I stop that from happening. For example in the beggining of chapter four by avenged sevenfold I cant get those open nots to sound like that so please help!

chapter 4? there is not open notes. it starts out with all top 3 strings open in a chord, then bared all 2 and then 3. and then the next part is palm muted open chords. no single notes
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
You could be using to much gain, or your EQ could be too trebley.
Turn up the bass and reduce the gain a little
Ok and i have a really crappy starter amp can that be the reason to? I have gain at 7 and a half and treble at 9,bass 8 and mid at 4
Quote by hootman6string
Ok and i have a really crappy starter amp can that be the reason to? I have gain at 7 and a half and treble at 9,bass 8 and mid at 4

try just pressing down harder with your palm
Quote by freddaahh
I just head-desked so hard I went through the floor and came out in Mongolia.
Quote by hootman6string

Well with a small starter amp you'll never make it sound like the record but the best things you can do are:

-Heavy palm muting
-All downstrokes
-Strong movements with your pick hand
-Use your bridge pickup

If you do all those things that's probably about as close as you're going to get without spending a few grand on a high-end, high-gain tube amp.

If you ever end up playing with other people you'll be needing to change your EQ as well, playing with others means you need more mids to help your sound cut through the mix so you can be heard.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.