I was wondering if anyone else in the pit has been a bus boy/girl before. It's a pizzeria by my house owned by some Italian guy. Every time I see an establishment owned by an Italian family, I automatically assume it to be the Italian mob. Anyway, anyone have any info on the subject?
If you know the son of the mob is meeting there with the Police Captain and an up-and-coming drug lord, stay in the back.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Well seeing as you're in NY you might be right, you better keep quiet or you'll get whacked
Quote by Stingray5
Well seeing as you're in NY you might be right, you better keep quiet or you'll get whacked

its better to be a busboy at a classy restaurant...lots more in tips and same job
Beauty Supreme

Yeah you were right about me
I need a job.
wen i ask they say that they fall into the habit smhw ........but nyways i think there is a connection smwhere. Now i being a teetollar will not give into this habit nyhw

FOR JUST £2 A WEEK, YOU CAN PREVENT THIS.
Quote by el-ECTRO
I need a job.

your not alone
Warning: The above post may contain lethal levels of radiation, sharp objects and sexiness.
Proceed with extreme caution!
If you see a building saying "Applied Cryogenics" then go in, get in the tube, set the timer for a thousand years, and never look back. It'll be far cooler.
i mean i work at a pizza hut owned by an Italian guy. Is it owned by the mob? Does the triad count as the mob?
Quote by kgesme21

Quote by Hsupernova

Oh yeah, and if guitar hero got you into the guitar? you're really playing for the wrong reasons.

there is no wrong reason to play a guitar, except for world enslavement and extermination of certain races, but those guys never make it big anyway.
i used to work in a few resturants as i bus boy, baiscally you get treated like ****, and make sure the customers dont see you cause you will scare them with the uglyness, thats why all the ugly people work where the customers cant see them

as long the pay is good who cares
Yep, at the beginning of summer I got a job down the street at an Italian restaurant as a busboy. I quit a few months ago...sh*tty job

EDIT: I was also a host, so greeting people + being sweaty and dirty = sh*tty job.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
These ramones lyrics come to mind:

I dont wanna work in a hotdog stand, be a bus boy, messenger, or a dull man its an abstract world, youre an abstract man, abstract city dont give a damn
Quote by LordBishek
If you see a building saying "Applied Cryogenics" then go in, get in the tube, set the timer for a thousand years, and never look back. It'll be far cooler.

I LOVE YOU! You get my only remaining e-cookie.
bands/artists I've seen: Protest the Hero, LIGHTS, Andrew Bird, Flight of the Conchords, Incubus, Nine Inch Nails, Between the Buried and Me, Guthrie Govan, Cynic, The Devin Townsend Project, Scale the Summit, The Dillinger Escape Plan, Darkest Hour
Im a waiter at a classy seafood restaurant and one of my best friends was a bus boy at the same restaurant. I made at least 40-60 bucks more than him every night. But your best bet is to get experience at the pizza place (whether its run by the mob or not) then go elsewhere and become a waiter... Busing is good money though, my friend made around 70-80 bucks a night.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by STERIOGRAM134
Im a waiter at a classy seafood restaurant and one of my best friends was a bus boy at the same restaurant. I made at least 40-60 bucks more than him every night. But your best bet is to get experience at the pizza place (whether its run by the mob or not) then go elsewhere and become a waiter... Busing is good money though, my friend made around 70-80 bucks a night.

Did he get paid in cash? and I'm thinking maybe once I get in some practice maybe I'll change to a waiter or something.
when i was a bus boy, i hated it.

I only lasted a month before quitting that shtty job.
The best thing about life is knowing you put it together
The way it worked at the restaurant we worked at... The waiters would keep whatever tips they made in cash on them and we would log whatever tips we got on credit... At the end of the night we got all our credit tips and regular cash tips together then we would "Tip Out" as follows:

Busboys got 10% of the total amount of tips we made
Bartenders: 5%
Food Runners: 5%
Expoditer: 5%

So if every waiter made 100 bucks a night and there are 10 waiters working the floor thats 100 bucks for the busboy (if there is only one working) our restaurant got really busy in the summer so more than likely there would be 2-3 busboys working but the waiters would be making much more than 100 bucks a night... So that means Yes cash in your pocket after a nights work.
Member #48 of the Weezer Fan club

Gear.
Epiphone LP Classic Quilt Top (w/ SD SH-4 in bridge)
Crate XT 120R
Line 6 PODXT Live
Squier Strat
Dean Markley Blue Steel Strings (light)
Quote by LordBishek

win