HI all.
I am looking to upgrade my inventory with some sort of tele for some more rhythm-based parts.
I really like the 62 custom in 3 tone sunburst with the double binding. I do feel the american vintage ri is a bit overpriced. However, I have found this japanese made tele:
http://www.thomann.de/dk/fender_62_tele_custom_rw_3tsb.htm

Does anyone have any experience wiht the quality of this instrument?
thanks
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
2x12 V30 cab and 4x10 G10 cab
i have the exact same model tele (62 double bound sunburst)

its rather good, the pickups may not be to taste and the three saddle bridge is annoying

also because its a 62 theres no truss rod adjusting on the headstock, to do ityou must take th pickguard off.

however a good instrument, if a little buzzy.
Quote by Atomic48
Nothing's impossible if you have the proper artillery.

Quote by Prole
In-depth common sense, at your service.

I Witnessed The Glory Of GORHL!

"It all shall fall, by the grace of the people." - ZDLR in Producer.
omg that's the one i wanted awhile ago but some douche bag putted down a down payment before i get the chance. yes these japanese guitars are really good. some are even better than the Americans like my 57 reissued strat.
Quote by chrisdam
HI all.
I am looking to upgrade my inventory with some sort of tele for some more rhythm-based parts.
I really like the 62 custom in 3 tone sunburst with the double binding. I do feel the american vintage ri is a bit overpriced. However, I have found this japanese made tele:
http://www.thomann.de/dk/fender_62_tele_custom_rw_3tsb.htm

Does anyone have any experience wiht the quality of this instrument?
thanks

That's the one tele i'm absolutely GASsing for at the moment, they're downright gorgeous.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Quote by Littleangus44
why not get a MIM tele?

well: MIM tele's are not really up to my standards as far as fret work, general build quality and so on. with some work they can be nice guitars indeed. but generally I don't like them too much. In any case they dont make the 62 custom in mexico
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
Quote by steven seagull
That's the one tele i'm absolutely GASsing for at the moment, they're downright gorgeous.

They sure are Best looking tele ever, perhaps in a tie with the nocaster blonde but those are seen too much these days. And look at the price. It's not that much more than a mexican
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
Quote by zapatista89
i have the exact same model tele (62 double bound sunburst)

its rather good, the pickups may not be to taste and the three saddle bridge is annoying

also because its a 62 theres no truss rod adjusting on the headstock, to do ityou must take th pickguard off.

however a good instrument, if a little buzzy.

Wow thanks. just the kind of info im looking for

How's the fretwork on it? I know about the 3 saddle bridge and the not-so-practical trussrod adjustment. Those are just parts of the tele's beauty in my world
As for the pickups I dont mind too much having to change them at that price, but how are they? I expect really low output units.
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
Quote by Littleangus44
why not get a MIM tele?

because MIJ >>> MIM?

i think i've tried that tele, it's very nice. the USA reissue is most likely a little nicer (nitro finish and all that), but it's probably twice the price. it's your call, unfortunately...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
because MIJ >>> MIM?

i think i've tried that tele, it's very nice. the USA reissue is most likely a little nicer (nitro finish and all that), but it's probably twice the price. it's your call, unfortunately...

actually here it's THRICE the price I will likelt order one very soon, and let you guys know what it's like
Guitars:
Gibson L. P std. 2006
Gibson L. P studio
Höfner asj228
Main amp:
Marshall 2061x HW head
Marshall 2061cx cab
fx:
Stock BD-2
TU-2
verbzilla
C.M. Red repeat
T-rex F.T.
Practice:
Epi vjr head
ah, that's a lot more... here the MIJ/CIJ is around £500, while you can normally pick up those vintage reissues for around £1000 street price if you shop around. if it's 3 times as much, that's a pretty big premium. Your choice, as i said, but that's a lot more money...
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Littleangus44
why not get a MIM tele?

Because CIJ and MIJ are 10x the quality for only 200-300$ more.