Hi' my name is Dani and I just purcesed a Fender bouletstraw(I hope I whrote corectly)and I dont have any money to buy an amplifier . So i wonder if I can use a 2.1(exemple) speaker sistem for a while. If one of you can record, how a speaker sound used as an amplifier ,please send it to d_palade@yahoo.com or post it on site.

I hope you can help me !!!
does the 2.1 have an input for a guitar jack? i think ive used that before in desperation, and it works fine, you'll only get a clean sound and dont turn it up too loud.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
While it technically can be done, you'll be stuck with the clean non-processed sound. But yeah, just use a jack adapter.
Quote by Palade
Hi' my name is Dani and I just purcesed a Fender bouletstraw(I hope I whrote corectly)and I dont have any money to buy an amplifier . So i wonder if I can use a 2.1(exemple) speaker sistem for a while. If one of you can record, how a speaker sound used as an amplifier ,please send it to d_palade@yahoo.com or post it on site.

I hope you can help me !!!

Oh, how I love irony.

But seriously, you would need some sort of connector plug in from the guitar to speaker. If you got an adapter cable, I don't see why not. Bear in mind however that you would get a straight guitar sound, and wouldn't be able to add distortion or anything without a pedal. And adding that pedal may just screw up the sound even more.

To be honest, it's possible, but I wouldn't. You will get a terrible sound, and may screw up your speakers. Just save up a bit of money, and buy a small $100 amp, like a Roland Micro Cube.
My Old Progressive Metal Band:
Acrasia
For fans of Between The Buried and Me, Dream Theater, Cynic.

My New Progressive Rock/Djent Band:
Wings Denied
For fans of Deftones, Tesseract, Periphery, Karnivool, Cynic.
thankyou for reply me But if i am not to bodering please record how it's sound the speakers because I'm very despered. Thank's again
Guitar/bass amp speakers are designed differently then those you'd find in your home stereo. They're made to be able to handle the wider variety of sound frequencies that live instruments generate.

Typicaly, when you get somthing on a CD, it's gone through a series of compressions that eliminate the highest highs and the lowest lows. When you play a live instrument, there are very prominate high and bass frequencies that are pretty likely to blow out your speakers if you go unfiltered through your home stereo. You could possibly do it at low volumes, but it woulden't sound well and even then there's a chance to damage your speakers.

In solid state amps (which is probably what you'll start with), the setup is relatively simple. You have a circuit board that contains your input, phone, and possibly an ext. speaker jack, a transistor that amplifies the sound, and a connector that goes to a special speaker designed for extreme frequencies. That's pretty much it. The circuit board (depending on the amp) will probably be about the size of a deck of cards.

tl;dr: You could potentially use your home speaker, but it won't sound well and you'll possibly damage your system. IMHO save up for an amp and practice unplugged until then.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
I couldn't afford a good amp ("good" for me being a Roland Micro Cube because I'm always broke) for a long time, so I was using a complete piece of **** Dean Markley beginner practice amplifier. It was completely horrid, but what I ended up doing to get much better sound was running it into my computer. I used at least a half-dozen completely different setups with different cables and sound cards before I found the best setup (which should have been obvious to me from the beginning but I'm kind of stupid).

First, I was using a mess of adapter cables to go from quarter-inch to eighth inch and then into dual RCA (the red and white cables that many game consoles and DVD players use to connect to the TV), which I had plugged into a USB sound card which had RCA line in and line out. I was actually only using the USB card as a horrible preamp, and then running out of the line out and (with another adapter cable) into the microphone jack of my desktop's Sound Blaster Live card.

Eventually I stopped being stupid, and realized I could use the amp as a preamp by running from the headphone jack in the amp to the microphone port, and I got much better sound by using customizable software effects that are part of the Sound Blaster Live! card.

So if you have a desktop computer and lots of cables and adapters, you might be able to piece together a decent-sounding "amplifier". Even my final desktop setup didn't sound nearly as good as the Micro Cube, but it was far beyond the awful, awful Dean Markley amp.
Hi ! If i have an amp and no speakers can i use my 2.1 speaker system ?It's an small amp but is very cool for my skill. Thanks dudes
You've got to explain better. A speaker system with no speakers? Or an amp-head with no cabinet? Did you read any of the responses? You didn't address any of them.
Quote by thelonesoldier
You've got to explain better. A speaker system with no speakers? Or an amp-head with no cabinet? Did you read any of the responses? You didn't address any of them.

It's an pocket amp it has a little speaker but i want to connect to my speacker system, it has an output to so........
http://www.musicstore.com/en_EN/EUR/Zinky-Supro-High-Gain-Mini-Amp/art-GIT0014055-000
Yeah just get a quarter-inch to eighth-inch plug adapter and plug the speakers into it. Very simple. The adapter comes with many types of headphones but I'm sure you can buy one for a few dollars at most. It'll be silver or gold and you plug it into the output jack of your pocket amp and then plug the speaker cable into it.
Quote by thelonesoldier
Yeah just get a quarter-inch to eighth-inch plug adapter and plug the speakers into it. Very simple. The adapter comes with many types of headphones but I'm sure you can buy one for a few dollars at most. It'll be silver or gold and you plug it into the output jack of your pocket amp and then plug the speaker cable into it.

but it's ok if the speaker system gas it's own amp(2.1 for pc use)?