Poll: Do you make sure you were given the right amount of change?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you make sure you were given the right amount of change?
Yes
38 34%
No
38 34%
Once in a while
35 32%
Voters: 111.
Am I one of the few who actually counts the change to make sure I wasn't short-changed?

I'm probably what you'd call a cheapskate or poor college student w/e I WANT MY MONEY.

So my question is: Do you make sure you're given all your change after a purchase?
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Nope, I have been shortchanged before when I used to care. I will probably be more careful when I move out and have to save my money.
I make sure the paper amount is correct, the change could be wrong and I wouldn't notice.
Quote by BostonLP

I'm probably what you'd call a cheapskate or poor college student w/e I WANT MY MONEY.

I know how that is.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Only if its paper and if its change from a large bill (say if i buy some batteries with a 50 euro bill or something)
and btw, I've noticed that there are a few places that must not check their employees' math skills, since I'm almost always shortchanged
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
I hate you. I work as a cashier at a grocery store, it makes you feel really retarded when people stand there and count the thirteen cents you just handed back to them. Really retarded. I understand taking a quick glance when making a purchase with a $50 or $100, but please take at lease a few steps away. Most cashiers are careful, we don't like shortchanging ourselves either. We get fired for crap like that.
If it's less than 50p I always let them keep it.
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by CrossBack7
I hate you. I work as a cashier at a grocery store, it makes you feel really retarded when people stand there and count the thirteen cents you just handed back to them. Really retarded. I understand taking a quick glance when making a purchase with a $50 or $100, but please take at lease a few steps away. Most cashiers are careful, we don't like shortchanging ourselves either. We get fired for crap like that.

i get routinely shortchanged at coffee shops. maybe people who can't ever get the change right should be fired.
only if its a lot that i've spent.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

No, I throw away a lot of small change.
How I wish, how I wish
That the world, that the world
Had just one
THROAT
And my fingers were around it

Literature thread
Quote by restless_thrash
i only do at tim horton's, because they ALWAYS mess up.

Well that's because Tim Horton's only hires retards.
Depends. If if stuff that cost $1.69 and I pay with 2 dollars then I don't really care but other than I count it all.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

It's pretty easy to tell how much you've gotten in Canada because there's 1$ and 2$ coins so you can pretty much just glance over it rather than counting a bunch of bills. I don't go through and do an exact count, but I usually know how much I'm getting to the nearest dollar anyway.
Quote by CrossBack7

Like I said, I don't do it to spite the cashier, I just REALLY do need every penny, lol it's sad but true

-Ginger Baker
Generally I don't bother. The only things I buy these days are cigarettes and coffee. Cigs are £2.50 and coffee is 60p, so I don't need to count it, just look at my hand.
Every now and again I'll check, I'm checking more now though because a few days ago the woman behind the counter gave me 3p instead of 21p.
Well whad'ya know, it's a female on UG. D:

Shine On, Cast A Shadow.

Quote by hugh20
i love me some fundie christian gayboys

Quote by sglover34479
<3 You = smart.

Change counter? I thought this would be barack obama related.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Tom_hatton
Generally I don't bother. The only things I buy these days are cigarettes and coffee. Cigs are £2.50 and coffee is 60p, so I don't need to count it, just look at my hand.

Those are some expensive cigs. Come to Kentucky, we have them for a third of that, easy. $1.39 for the cheap ****.
i count my bills, the coins can **** themselves. Half the time they are covered in dirt or gum or something. Gross little coins.
Quote by CrossBack7
Those are some expensive cigs. Come to Kentucky, we have them for a third of that, easy. $1.39 for the cheap ****.

Lucky so-and-so. £2.50 is cheap for fags (that's for Mayfair and Royals) here... if you want Embassy you're looking at £3.00+ in a lot of places.
I have a quick glance at my change before I tip all the coins into my wallet - I don't actually stop and count every single coin, though.
I do it discreetly. And only in shops I don't trust. E.g I won't count in my college shop but if I was out somewhere else I'd count.
And when I say I do it discreetly I mean I count the change from looking at it, not by individually counting them, if you get me?
Quote by CrossBack7

+1. only i live in australia so if i gave someone 13c then they have a right to check it.
(no pennies in oz)
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50