The article is here

A supermarket worker has been killed in a stampede of shoppers during the first day of America's traditional Christmas sales season.

The 34-year-old man was knocked to the ground as shoppers swept into the stores after forming long queues outside the door.

Police said shoppers "physically broke down the doors" when the Long Island Wal-Mart opened at 5am "knocking him (the shop worker) to the ground".

Four other people were taken to hospital, including a pregnant woman.

The fatality came as shoppers poured into stores around the country at the start of the traditional sales period which follows Thanksgiving.

The day is nicknamed Black Friday due to it being the busiest day of the year for retailers, often resulting in massive traffic jams and over-crowded stores.

But despite fears over the US economy many people turned up at shops which had extended their hours, some opening at midnight.

Experts believe it will remain one of the season's biggest selling days, even as shoppers remain deliberate in their spending.

Britt Beemer, chairman of America's Research Group, said: "This is definitely a hit-and-run mentality.

"They are running in, grabbing the deal and running out."

Personally I think this is disgusting, people seem to care more about their possesions and gaining new ones, than other people

i did search btw, never found anything

,--.-'-,--.
\ /-~-\ /
/ )' a a `( \
( ( ,---. ) )
THIS WAS MEANT TO BE A PIG
\ `(_o_o_)' /
\ `-' /
| |---| |
[_] [_]
there's been like 4 threads on this already. you must've searched wrong.

but yeah it's sad.
Quote by alteredstates
If you are rowing down the road in your canoe and your wagon wheel falls off. How many pancakes does it take to make a doghouse?

Green, because a vest has no sleeves.

Can't we all just get a bong?
this really makes you realize how horrible and greedy people are
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Yeah, I heard they killed the search bar too
Proud follower of Åkerfeldtism

P S T F I N D E R

Quote by FFTLxx
Uhh there was this guy who didn't get any of the questions in some exam so he put 2 pencils in his nose and headbutted the desk.. and died.. that's pretty stupid.

Quote by humperdunk
this really makes you realize how horrible and greedy people are

I dont think they intended to kill anyone
My Gear

Fender Deluxe Players Stratocaster
Marshall DSL 50 with 1960A
Quote by xander307

People trampling over others and charging into a shop.... that's the problem
Quote by xander307

Doesn't matter if they meant to or not. The way they went about it was the problem.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
This just shows how greedy our society has become, and it really is scary...but where have you been?
Quote by xander307

well nobody stopped to help him up.

Americans...
This horde is scarier than a zombie horde =[
Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
It's pathetic. Two men shot and killed each other in a Toys 'R Us over some toy as well. It's **** like this that makes me feel guilty about being American (both these incidents occured in the USA).
When I read that in the Newspaper this morning, all I could think was "Didn't know there was room for a wall of death in a store"
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by TacticalMuffin
People suck dude. What the hell is wrong with America today?

Most of us (I'm not) are snobby, greedy, Egoists and we think were better then everyone else.
Sail upon the open skies
Quote by Stingray5

Americans...

**** you
Gear:
PRS SE Singlecut, blue with stoptail (my baby)
Line 6 Spider III 75 (shut up)
Epiphone Les Paul standard
Cheapo Yamaha nylon string
even more cheapo Fender steel string acoustic
Quote by domino_92
It's pathetic. Two men shot and killed each other in a Toys 'R Us over some toy as well. It's **** like this that makes me feel guilty about being American (both these incidents occured in the USA).

Did one of 'em say jinx afterward?

...wait.

Music Myspace

Quote by Kensai
Just don't do it in las vegas, new york or miami. Their CSI teams will find you and hunt you down without mercy.
Quote by domino_92

The only reason it happened in America was because of the price drops of Black Friday. You can't say "Only in America." Shit like this happens all over the world.

America still sucks, no doubt about it, though.
Write your own lyrics or poetry? Post them HERE for a crit.
Follow me on Twitter
Quote by Stingray5

Americans...

His co-workers tried to but they couldn't because of the mass of people. The horde was pissed when they closed down the store to remove his body claiming it caused them inconvenience.
Black Friday - anyone seen that scene in Zack and Miri?

Reminded me of that.

I must shop using the internet......
Quote by brandon369852
The only reason it happened in America was because of the price drops of Black Friday. You can't say "Only in America." Shit like this happens all over the world.

America still sucks, no doubt about it, though.

Uncalled for
all you people who are saying, "americans are so greedy" "people suck" etc.
ask yourself one question, would you have helped that guy up?

and be honest with the answer.
"The Mad Scientist"

Quote by Fuzzbox91
for someone with a madness avatar (ok ill admit mdness interactive was cool for its time), youre seem to have the right idea.

"Reaching for, the gun, to load and persuade you, to stay..."
This is somewhat old.

I didn't get the end details from this one, but in Palm Desert, CA, two people got shot at a Toys R Us, and they said that there was a juvenile in custody. Anyone heard more on this?

EDIT:

Missed the post a few above mine. Could you get a link to an article for that? I saw a different story about it, I don't remember it was two people with guns, I thought it was one guy who shot two people for the thing he/she wanted.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Last edited by Chris_Parker at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by Stingray5

Americans...

There was a guy trying to help him and trying to give him CPR but he was trampled as well so stfu.
If Rock is a life-style, then Metal's an addiction

Yelloooow!

Of The

UG Challenge

Quote by Chris_Parker
This is somewhat old.

I didn't get the end details from this one, but in Palm Desert, CA, two people got shot at a Toys R Us, and they said that there was a juvenile in custody. Anyone heard more on this?

I mentioned it in an earlier post...first page
America doesnt suck. It just has problems like every other nation in the world. And no matter how bad things get, I will always love America. This is really sad though. Stupid gluttonist shoppers.
Wow that's insane!

Crazy, crazy people...

Small writing in the middle of big sig.

Quote by dxvxb
all you people who are saying, "americans are so greedy" "people suck" etc.
ask yourself one question, would you have helped that guy up?

and be honest with the answer.

Damn right I would have at least tried.
Quote by domino_92
I mentioned it in an earlier post...first page

I know, I saw it and I did an edit.

Completely unrelated, but 40ppp FTW.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
This isnt about a race, it's about a cultare that is built up by a media/ goverment/ comminuty, people are caring more about possesion's than other people now.

Maybe people did try and help this poor man in the rush, but maybe they couldnt get the crowd to stop.
Black Knight CF-60F Semi-Acoustic.

Black Knight CP200 (Red flamed maple).

Neck-thru 4 string bass.

Acoustic 6 string.
Quote by Daniel8488
This isnt about a race, it's about a cultare that is built up by a media/ goverment/ comminuty, people are caring more about possesion's than other people now.

Maybe people did try and help this poor man in the rush, but maybe they couldnt get the crowd to stop.

I'm sure someone in the crowd could have fired an automatic weapon in the air
You shouldn't step on a person ever. I think they should have closed down the shop, and not let anyone in that first rush of people buy anything.
yes... i've seen it on the news earlier today...

mixed feelings:
the european part of me made me want to laugh.... (lol ... americans... how typycal)
then again the human part of me made me serious... (****.... a person died...)
the "grown and adult?" part of me made me think... (how the hell can people be so stupid to keep pushing on even if they saw this dude was down)

and so on... however... those who were there and were a part of this are ****in mad.... in my opinion.
Quote by Moggan13
Serjem is like a Bishops testicals: Swollen
ಠ_ಠ
IIIIfb * KARKOLI * ytIIII(mostly rock... a little funky, a little hard just the way you want it )
I don't even bother posting articles like this; there's just so many people in the world that don't deserve to live.

Instead, I try to find humor in stuff like that.