Pit, I need aid!
I have to write an essay to go along with a volunteering project.
I volunteered at a political campaign office and so I have to write about the activities that I performed there and a "What you learned" portion where I need to relate my experiences back to something gov't related that we learned.
I'm having the worst possible writers block as I can't think of anything worth writing about.
This essay has to be 3 pages long, 12 pt font but I'm not sure if I can double space yet...
I've already written about the activities that I did and that took up a little more than half a page single spaced lines.
Ideas?
And please, only serious answers...
Your activities, did you list what you did, why, where and what you learnt from them? You can write about half a page on 1 activity if you think smart.
link what you learned to how it could affect modern politics? you could try the poilitics thread but i dunno
DONT RISK IT, BUY A BASS AMP
Quote by Pantera90
Pit, I need aid!
I have to write an essay to go along with a volunteering project.
I volunteered at a political campaign office and so I have to write about the activities that I performed there and a "What you learned" portion where I need to relate my experiences back to something gov't related that we learned.
I'm having the worst possible writers block as I can't think of anything worth writing about.
This essay has to be 3 pages long, 12 pt font but I'm not sure if I can double space yet...
I've already written about the activities that I did and that took up a little more than half a page single spaced lines.
Ideas?
And please, only serious answers...

How am I supposed to know any of this?

Essay

1. This is what I did.
2. This is what I learned.

Is it really that hard? Put in alot of filler.

Oh yeah, WE can't help you because WE don't know what you did.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
Quote by blackflag49
where did you volunteer.

Quote by TS' post
I volunteered at a political campaign office
Quote by My essay
The first of being phone banking where I called registered voters to ask A)If they were going to vote in the upcoming election and if so B)If they would feel comfortable sharing they’re vote, which if answered would lead to C)What was the “breaking” opinion for your decision, for example education plans or the war in Iraq. While I was posing these questions for the voter, I was recording their answers on a sheet that had their name, phone number, address and perhaps email.

Quote by My essay
My favorite of the tasks that I accomplished at the campaign office was the online voter registration and consolidation. With this task I would be going through a series of voters that had recently registered and I would search through 2 lists of records that had similar names and addresses so that I could compile the two into one record so there would be no duplicated voter registration.

Quote by My essay
The last task that I followed with was canvassing, where I went door to door inquiring voters with the same questions as I would if I were phone banking.

Okay, there you go.
I've started writing a little more on the subject of the 2 party system...

And I didn't post what I did in detail because I was figuring that it can't be hard to imagine what goes on at a political campaign office... My bad.

Btw, ignore grammar errors I've made in my essay. I've fixed most of them.
I only read the first paragraph. There are a lot of grammar mistakes in it. Here's how I would have changed it,

The first job I had was called phone banking, where I called voters to ask if they were going to vote in the upcoming election, if they would feel comfortable sharing their vote, and finally what the “breaking” opinion for your decision was. While I posed these questions for the voter, I was recorded their answers on a sheet that had their name, phone number, address and email.

Someone else could probably do a better job. It's a start, though.

edit: It would have helped if I had read your whole post first..Oh well. I'll leave this up just incase you want it.
Quote by Spamwise

No shit. I meant specifically, "I volunteered in so-and-so's Senate race"

/free bump