Well, I've been in the market for both a fretless and a 6-string for a long time, and after much searching, stumbled across this:

http://www.rondomusic.com/product2204.html

The specs seemed too good to be true at that price, so I dug a little further. I found the general consensus among TalkBass was that it is very good for it's price, but would probably need a couple upgrades (I'm thinking new pickups and maybe a coat of epoxy on the fingerboard).

So, UG Bass Forum, have any of you guys had any experience with this bass, or any of Brice's other basses?

Thanks in advance.

And by the way, I also just placed an order for a Carvin BX600 head to complement my Avatar 2x12!
I've heard that they're nice basses, though i've never tried one, though alder body + bubinga top sounds pretty promising, particularly if you change the pickups. Also if you're going to use flatwounds, i see no reason why you would need to put a coat of epoxy on the board.
Quote by budget bassist
I've heard that they're nice basses, though i've never tried one, though alder body + bubinga top sounds pretty promising, particularly if you change the pickups. Also if you're going to use flatwounds, i see no reason why you would need to put a coat of epoxy on the board.

Yeah, bubinga =

As for flatwounds/roundwounds, I'm not sure yet. Six-string flatwound sets are a bit difficult to come by, and rosewood is pretty soft regardless.
Fair play, if you wanna do it, do it. Though if you can find a flatwound set you might as well save yourself some hassle.
I've never really played anything other than rotosound and ernie ball strings, bass strings are too expensive for me to really experiment with so i can't offer you much advice there
Yeah, I envy guitar players who can afford a new set weekly.

I think I've been convinced to buy this bass, though. I do love the look of both the Z4 fretless and Z6 fretted, which I've been told are great instruments. Might look into buying one sometime in the future.

I mean, how can anyone not be seduced by this?:

I've never played one. I read that these are pretty much, if not completely, identical to Rogue basses. If you compare them side by side they look exactly the same, and both brands have very similar models (8-strings, 6-strings, etc.) I've owned a couple of Rogue basses in the past, and I currently have a LX405 Pro and they are very nice basses for the price. I think Brice and Douglas basses are like Agile guitars. They are knock-off guitars that nobody usually pays attention to that end up being quality instruments comparable to name brand stuff.
^ Makes sense...Rondo sells Agile stuff too. I don't think they're Rogue, though...that's a pretty generic body shape and Rogue is GC brand.
Nope, no sig here.