Alright, I can probably get about $300 worth of guitar stuff for christmas. I'm happy with my current setup but I want to expand on what I already have. So far I'm looking at:
- A good distortion or OD to push my Classic 50 into higher gain and to use for solos
- A delay pedal (I'm looking at either a Boss delay or a Line 6 DL4)
- A recording interface
- an Ebow (will I need a volume pedal with this?)
- any other effects?

I can probably find a use for nearly any effect, although I've already got a fuzz pedal on the way so I don't need another (for now... ). I play mostly alternative and progressive rock (radiohead, brand new, The Mars Volta, Porcupine Tree). Suggestions?

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Maxon OD-9 for the OD? Maybe a Fulltone or something.

What kind of delay are you after? For more natural tones, but less delay time, go for something like a Deluxe Memory Man or an MXR Carbon Copy. If you want more preciseness and more delay time, a Boss DD-3 or 6 or that Line 6.
Quote by jxljxl
Fais wins at life

The obscenely young leader of the Laney Cult

Member of the EHX Guild
1. Perhaps a Fulltone OCD or if you're cheaping out a DigiTech Bad Monkey.
2. Boss DD-7 (digital) or MXR Carbon Copy. The DD-7 is useful because it has tap tempo.
3. Line 6 TonePort.
4. You won't need a volume pedal.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
The OCD seems like a good choice, but I was also looking at some BYOC pedals (mostly the shredder or the mouse). I can't stand the Bad Monkey.. I need true bypass.

I like the DL4 because I prefer digital delay and I can use it to create soundscapes with all the different settings. The Carbon Copy is nice but it's not what I'm after.

EDIT: How is the BBE Green Screamer?

2ND EDIT: I think I may actually go for a DD-3, because I can always get a more expensive delay later. That way I can buy a BYOC overdrive (around $90) that I can mod to my specs and still have the cash for another pedal.

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Solder fume huffer σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Electronic Audio Experiments
Last edited by stradivari310 at Nov 29, 2008,