Okay so i used the search bar and nothing came up, I went to see Nick Cave last tuesday and almost everyone i talked to who were uner the age of 18 had never heard of him, i was severely dissapointed. So if you're reasonably young and know and love Nick Cave then please tell me and restore my faith. Also his live show was one of the best ive ever been to.
Quote by boreamor
Ah very good point. Charlie__flynn, you've out smarted me

People
should
smile
more

crit4crit on 'acoustic 1 (with piano)' here

Rate my playing skills please.
That does seem to be the general impression of the fanbase. I imagine that its similar to what Leonard Cohen's fans were like back in the 60s/70s.
Quote by Mia (Pulp Fiction)
Why do we feel it's necessary to yak about bullsh*t in order to be comfortable?

That's when you know you found somebody special. When you can just shut the f*ck up for a minute, and comfortably share silence.

RateYourMusic
I'm 18.

First got into him age 16 after hearing his Disco 2000 cover.

Only know only one other fella who likes them.
been listening to him for a few years now, i'm 18... and a bunch of my friends are into nick cave but maybe they're just weird
I only really started listening to him after I saw him in The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
just like to say I was born and lived in Wangaratta which is where he grew up tehehe
She Had An Abortion That She Made Me Pay For
Quote by volcom_sk8_rock
just like to say I was born and lived in Wangaratta which is where he grew up tehehe

That's where my grandparent's used to live.
i've been there heaps, great place.

Let Love In is such a fantastic record.
i'm really getting into Nick's stuff.
Yeah when I saw the documentary on TV he was talking about how he hated it and **** but its still cool to know its a good setting for the music he made though murder ballads etc and Beechworth even though he probably didnt write any music there
I just revived the first thread the search bar came up with so yeah
Love Nick Cave, i'm 22 by the way.
I did not get my Spaghetti-O's, I got spaghetti. I want the press to know this.
Executed by injection, Oklahoma.
~~ Thomas J. Grasso, d. March 20, 1995.

Lyrics/Poetry

Fires Burning
I like nick cave and Imm 17.

Mind you Ive been a bit bogged down with the birthdayparty lately.

His back catalogue take a while to get into.
multicolour random messge!

FAC 13
"The hacienda must be rebuilt"
Probably my favourite solo artist EVER. I have all the albums, and some of his side project stuff.

'Murder Ballads' is probably my favourite of his albums, at least, the only of his where I think every song is ace.

The Birthday Party were quite cool too, though hugely different to most of the Bad Seeds back catalogue.
I heard 'Dig, Lazarus, Dig' on a local public station recently, and I must say my interest was piqued.

And since everybody seems so interested in the ages of people in this thread? 14.
¤¤¤†¤¤¤

Quote by 'idioldude'

your a fucking retard i know how sinister is spelled but that is not how he spells his stage name it is synyster

Butthurt fanboys FTL
I always hear about The Birthday Party being pretty influential, I have Junkyard and Prayers on Fire
So, "Lay Me Low" is a pretty fantastic song.
My all gold grills give her cold chills
Said she gotta coke feel cuz I'm sooo trill.
Im 14 and I know who he is and listened to The Firstborn is Dead when I was maybe 13 but I havenet listened in a long time. I know that J mascis (one of my favorites) cites him as a major influence. But like what does he sound like and wheres a good starting point to get into his music.
80's Fender Jazzmaster
1976 Gibson L6s
Epiphone sheraton
Late 60's Univox High Flyer Custom Deluxe
Vintage fendr twin
Fuzz Face
Zakk Wylde Wah
the birthday party,none of their albums are bad.even prayers of fire and junkyard.i'm 22 by the way, and i'm indonesian.My band also heavily influenced with BP.Nick cave lyrics never wear out,even if you hear iy in another 10 years.For the bad seed, i think it's just a cooling down from that wild era of birthday party, but yes still have the same kind of rage but in an ear friendly way.Mercy seat and i let love in are the best,for lovesongs i reccomend Love letter,to be by your side and into my arms