Hi everyone, I play bass and have been thinking about experimenting with a guitar. Would it be okay to use a guitar with a bass amp? Sorry but I don't know much about guitar but any help would be appreciated.
Quote by koolaidman13
Hi everyone, I play bass and have been thinking about experimenting with a guitar. Would it be okay to use a guitar with a bass amp? Sorry but I don't know much about guitar but any help would be appreciated.
Absolutely!

i actually prefer the sound of guitars through bass amps, try it out and see if you agree (technically wise, theres no problem doin it, just the other way round doesnt work)
Quote by the humanity
Captainjack666
the lord of sexyness...
ya,i play my bass through my crate stack
Quote by RU Experienced?
I like staring at girls' boobs and seeing how long it takes them to say something and what their reaction is. It's win-win-win

Quote by darkstar2466
I once saw two snails fuck. It was pretty damn cool.
Its going to sound horrible, suprisingly bass amps are VERY bright with little to no bass when a electric guitar is plugged in.

Epiphone Les Paul Standard w/ SD Alnico Pro II's
Fender Aerodyne Telecaster & Stratocaster
Marshall JCM 800 4104 combo

E-Married to Funny_Page
I'm not sure about guitar on a bass amp, But I have an extra 1/4-inch Aux input on my guitar amp and my bass works just fine using it on that amp, sure it's not as loud as it could be but it works.
I have heard from somewhere that using a bass through a guitar amp and vice versa can be bad for the electronics in the guitar/bass, but I am not sure if that is true.

I want to know from someone who has done it for a long time.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
I love the tone of my strat through a Peavey Microbass xD
The tone is just SO clean.
Quote by konigstiger
PCSpeaker is right,

Damn right I am.

Bugera 333xl > Crybaby Wah > Marshall Guv'Nor > Boss SD1 > J&D Les Paul / Vintage Lemon Drop / Modded HSH Squier / Vintage Warp / Standard Squier Strat /Tanglewood Acoustic!
Thanks everyone. You've all been very helpful and now I look forward to making sweet musical love with my Dean Vendetta and my Rocktron Rampage 100.
I played through a Fender Rumble 100 for a long time because it was doing double duty. It sounds fine with pedals, though the cleans are un-inspiring at best. The best thing would be some sort of Ampeg SVT head or a tweed Fender Bassman.