How can I tell the year of my MIM Classic Series 60s Strat? I googled it, but none worked.
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
I read that thread title in a strange context.

I imagined a Gibson player dating a Fender player and they'd have all these wacky adventures like some stupid sitcom.
But seriously, the serial number on my STrat didn't fit any of them, it has MN9 +6 digits, while the closest thing was MN9+5 digits. What now?
Quote by chip46
"I'm discontinuing production on the Timmy now as well. It might come back into production at some point down the road, but probably not because people will just clone it anyway cause they're stupid jerk face doo doo heads. -Paul C."
What's the exact serial code? You could use the Guitar Dater Project.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by budget bassist
Sure you didn't misread your serial#?

On their, all of the Strats' serial numbers are 8 characters long, while mine has 9. I'll post a censored version. MN9******

Quote by Lil Macker
What's the exact serial code? You could use the Guitar Dater Project.

Thanks, I did here's what I got. http://www.guitardaterproject.org/fender.aspx
Quote by chip46
Using the awesome Guitar Dater Project, and my awesome random pushing button skills, it should of been made in 1999-2000. And yes, I did press 6 numbers.

EDIT: Ah, you did it. The sad thing about that site is that you can't get the page...

Oh well.
Cam Sampbell's my hero
You know what, whoever had it before me knew their ****. I have not found one ding, dent, missing finish or any imperfection, not even dust! So is the finish and gloss on the neck gonna stay on it forever?

Quote by Flying Couch
You should start by asking her out.

She's in my league!
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
You know what, whoever had it before me knew their ****. I have not found one ding, dent, missing finish or any imperfection, not even dust! So is the finish and gloss on the neck gonna stay on it forever?

Well, it's polyester paint, so it will last a LOONNGG time.

And, if you really wanted, you could find out how to take the paint off, and use the polyester as a T-shirt, perfect for dating the guitar
Cam Sampbell's my hero
Quote by Yazdiane
I read that thread title in a strange context.

I imagined a Gibson player dating a Fender player and they'd have all these wacky adventures like some stupid sitcom.

I thought the same thing.
Quote by cranium2001
I thought the same thing.

I thought about that when making the thread.
Quote by chip46
Quote by lespaul#1
She's in my league!

Yes, but... you're lespaul#1. She's a Strat. She's probably not into mahogony and humbuckers, dude. And your scale length! You expect to satisfy her with something that short?! Just give up.
Last edited by Flying Couch at Nov 29, 2008,
Flyingcouch, that was epic, I had to sig it.
Quote by chip46