Ive heard about connecting two amps. Can someone give me some information on this? Will it work if one is tube and other is solid state? Whats the pros and cons of doing this?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
uh im guessing just plugging together through the effects port... problly shares the sound and blends it, make it louder. ect. ect.
"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
...They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor"

Techno artist and rap producer in training

get an ab/y box.

depends on the amps... suck it and see
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.
You use an a/b/y box, and then can switch between the two amps or run both simultaneously. Pretty much a pedal that selects which amp is being used.

It's mainly used if one amp has a great clean tone and the other has a great lead tone, so you can have the best of both worlds. It would also be helpful for single channel amps or amps with multiple channels but only one eq.

It doesn't matter if one is solid state and the other is tube, or if both are solid state or if both are tube.

Cons are that you have to have two amps and buy more cables and the box I guess.
You could always just get a pedal with "stereo" output (some aren't actually true stereo, but it'll work).
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Doesn't matter if one is solid state and one is tube; however, the general consensus that tube amps are better than solid state amps comes into play when blending amps. There are 2 ways of doing it as well.

1 way is getting amps that compliment each other with similar sounds but they make it fuller.

the other way is by blending two very different sounding amps to get a huge tone. Such as british's mid hump with American's mid scoop, or german's dry low end and bright top end with a british dark top and low end and basically just the midrange growl. Another good way of doing this is by having a high gainer and a lower gainer. The high gainer for the beef and the low gainer to cut through and accentuate your tone.

You would do this with either an AB box or some fancy midi amp connecting contraption. The AB box is much cheaper but lacks control over both amp's channels.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
Aby switch is the best option here. Plugging it together through the effects port is not a good idea. Get two cabs and put each amp on their cab and your guitar goes into a pedal and out the pedal two cords come out one to each amp and you can use both at the same time or one and then switch to the other.
Well, running a preamp from one amp into another's power section is known as slaving. It's not a bad thing, but it doesn't really do much for you in comparison to stereo rigging.
Major of 7 String Legion 7 > 6

Carvin DC747
Ibanez RG2228
Schecter Avenger Custom Shop
and my baby....
Gibson Explorer Studio
ok like i have a peavey classic 30 and a 25 solid state. Could i just get a cable and plug it into the classic 30s extention and into the input of the other amp and then plug the cable into the input of the classic and into my guitar?
Quote by HomerHitter
I got a black Les Paul, and this Texan told me it wasn't as good as other color guitars becuse it was a 'nigger.'

Quote by Felgate
can anyone tell me how i get a tone similar to what avril lavigne uses in skater boy please?
No. Unless you want to blow up your amp.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
just get yourself an ab/y box, as has been suggested already... run the signal to both amps inputs. Start with the one that has the nicest tone (valve?) and get your sound. then adjust the 2nd amps volume till your pumping out enough DB's to be heard... well thats how i would do it anyway

good luck
Cursed to one day crash and burn because we fly so god damn high.