Hey people, i just realized when i play bass i only learn in pop and pick so now i'm moving to fingers aswell and am learning all the songs i know on fingers. i cand do all except one of them, And it's RATM's Killing in the name, i can do everything except for when it goes, from E,A,G and it's only the picking with fingers otherwise i can do it does anyone have any excersises for finger dexterity
Thanks
Wade
If you are one of the %10 of teen who doesn't follow Rap
and you follow PUNK, METAL AND HEAVY ROCK COPY AND PASTE THIS TOO YOUR SIGNATURE
Just keep trying, if you want some simple stuff just try: playing a note on each string ascending and descending or just trying to keep a straight rhythm on one note and then gradually getting faster (best done with a metronome).
I had the same problem. I started off with pop n slap, and had to then build up my fingerstyle. Here's what helped me -

Just do arpeggios and scales with alternating fingers 1 and 2. Once you're comfortable there, you can add your ring finger in as 3.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
For that part of that song I'd keep my second finger on the A string and play the other two with my first finger.
Scales work wonders for finger dexterity.
Quote by Hal-Sephira

We all have the rights to be mad

So does you