Plug it in to your computer and you will need recording software and it will play through your guitar

I believe you could use it for some virtual rig deals too like guitar rig 3
Unless you have a rig program though, I wouldn't get it; I'm fine with having to mic my amp and getting that tube tone, thank you. If you want it though, just get it, plug the guitar end into the guitar, and the USB end in the USB port on your computer, open Audacity, select it as the input, and wail away.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 71-73
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 1-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 10-5
bump

I am planning on getting this.

Some amps have "emulated line out" or an output specifically for recording that you can probably plug this into.

That would save you from doing any extra things on your computer.

I know Spider III's have them and my Marshall has one, but it is uncommon on amps.

Only get it if you do have an emulated line out or a specific output for recording. If you don't have one, get a BOSS Micro-BR.
Quote by user_nameless
You can go ahead and sponge my bob.

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
When you date a vegetarian, you're the only meat they'll ever eat.
Quote by necrosis1193
Unless you have a rig program though, I wouldn't get it; I'm fine with having to mic my amp and getting that tube tone, thank you. If you want it though, just get it, plug the guitar end into the guitar, and the USB end in the USB port on your computer, open Audacity, select it as the input, and wail away.

Well I mic my amp cabs on real recordings too. But he may want this to just mess around and work on writing songs. It'd suck if everytime I was structering a song and putting the riffs together on the computer having to mic my 6505! but I use a gear box for this. 69 dollars for a guitar port and it'll plug your guitar in the computer.. so you won't need this cable.. and it has tons of amp models and all the fx possible.
Quote by tmfiore
bump

I am planning on getting this.

Some amps have "emulated line out" or an output specifically for recording that you can probably plug this into.

That would save you from doing any extra things on your computer.

I know Spider III's have them and my Marshall has one, but it is uncommon on amps.

Only get it if you do have an emulated line out or a specific output for recording. If you don't have one, get a BOSS Micro-BR.

Well direct out on a lot of amps isn't preferred with a lot of people. Like on my peavey 6505 it just sends the pre amp out and frankly doesn't sound anything like the 6505 does mic'd or live. But it would be okay if you wanted to do it running through another power amp.
Oh and when you say "micing amps" does that mean you record by sticking a microphone in front of the cab and then recording it from there?
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
^yes

Screw the cable then, I can just use my USB microphone.

Or for better quality I can find one for around $100 that is made for recording, and use a mic-to-usb cable.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Quote by tmfiore
Screw the cable then, I can just use my USB microphone.

Or for better quality I can find one for around $100 that is made for recording, and use a mic-to-usb cable.

Mic's that mic guitar cabs tend to be different than your standard vocal mic.
Hows this for a recording mic?

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Sennheiser-E609-Silver-Dynamic-Guitar-Microphone?sku=276668

Its built for recording amps, and its around $110.

I am thinking of buying a small mixer to go with this though. I will probably get this one.

http://pro-audio.musiciansfriend.com/product/Behringer-Xenyx-802?sku=631263

If I get that mixer, would I put the USB instrument cable into an input on the mixer, and then plug that into the computer?

Or should I just connect the mic to the computer with a mic-usb cable?

Sorry I took over the thread, but at least I didn't go make a new one.
Quote by user_nameless

/notfunnyatalljoke.

Quote by halo43
Last edited by tmfiore at Dec 13, 2008,