well after much video watching and review reading this is the best amp i can get in my price range. but i have a few questions to ask before i run along to guitar center to try one myself.
can i use a foot switch on it to switch effects?
and can i hook up an extenstion cab?
also is there anything better for a max of 250 usd (new or used) better be tube or hybrid though. dont want another ss
Quote by yanko693
also is there anything better for a max of 250 usd (new or used) better be tube or hybrid though. dont want another ss
Correct if Im wrong, but arent vypyrs SS and not hybrids?
imo get the peavey bandit. way better than the vypyr. try to find it used
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
Last edited by devit at Nov 29, 2008,
Actually, I think in this case, the Vypyr beats the Bandit.
I do believe the Vypyr 30 will have footswitch functionality. I'm not sure if they've released the footswitch yet.
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
The 30 watt has an optional footswitch, its solid state btw, the hybrid vypyrs haven't come out yet. It also doesn't have an extension cab out unfortunately, but you can always just attach a jack to the speaker wires and plug it into an external cab.

It's an awesome amp though.
alright any alternatives (used) for 300 or under? i play mostly AC/DC and led zeppelin kind of tones. some heavier but if neccesary i will use a pedal to get the heavier sound.

ohh and it can be a head. it will be used for band practice and small gigs.
Last edited by yanko693 at Nov 29, 2008,
Well, you could always go hunting for used Peavey Classic 30s...
Call me Wes.
Gear:
Fender American Deluxe HSS Strat
Chicago Blues Box Roadhouse
Bad Cat Cougar 5
1957 Gibson GA-5
Ceriatone 18w TMB Combo
Hughes & Kettner Tube Factor
Various Ibanez TS9s
Weber MASS Attenuator
I own a Vypyr 30 and I think it's really good for $200. With the Sanpera pedals you can control the effects and most of the other features of the amp. The Sanpera pedals are going to be released in late December if they don't get delayed again.