Poll Options
View poll results: Do you like to hunt?
Yes
33 45%
No
40 55%
Voters: 73.
Page 1 of 2
How does the pit feel about hunting please discuss your feelings and thoughts.
Big or small game.

I personally love to hunt, it gets you out of the house,it's a way to relax,and you get meat.(granted you make the shot)
its fun, even tho i didnt even see a squirrel last time, as usual.
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
i wouldn't hunt, but i eat meat. i shouldn't feel bad about hunting, but there is a difference between actively ending a life and eating something that is already dead.
Quote by mh.666
This man is right.

My life in all aspects is going fucking brilliantly, so I just thought I'd offer a cyncial scrap of wisdom, gloat a little, and then leave.
Never have, would like to though I don't expect that sitting in a tree stand at 6:00 am and freezing your ass off could be extremely enjoyable.
Quote by Powerhouse
I hunt children.

That's good, working your way up to a full grown male. You don't want to jump in over your head.
I wouldn't hunt or cull, but I do support culling when done correctly I guess.
Quote by SteveHouse
Also you're off topic. This thread is about Reva eating snowmen.
I love hunting.

Even though I never get anything....I've had some of the best times of my life hunting.
Nice beaver.

(. Y .) (. Y .)
I like rabbit hunting, because I can just wear jeans and tennis shoes, and I'm moving around. With deer hunting, you get up really early, you wear really uncomfortable and gay looking clothes, you freeze your ass off sitting in one spot for four hours, and you see nothing.

I went rabbit hunting for an hour on Thanksgiving. Didn't see anything, but I like walking through the woods. Rabbit hunting is more fun anyway. I'm usually really modest, but I'm pretty good at shooting , and whenever I see a rabbit, I get it with the first shot.
Quote by Trefellin
Never have, would like to though I don't expect that sitting in a tree stand at 6:00 am and freezing your ass off could be extremely enjoyable.

ahaha, 6 oclock??? you must not be hardcore enough. guy hunting near me got there at 4 and stayed until dark
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
If you use a hunting knife it's cool. Otherwise it's horribly unfair.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Nah, I don't kill animals when I'm bored, if that's what you're asking.
Quote by Teh Forest King
A kid took a fetal pig during pig dissection, put a napkin on it as a cape, wrote "super pig" on it, then threw it out the window onto the greenhouse below, yelling "super pig, blast off!". He failed the pig lab
Quote by Trefellin

You can go anytime of day. It's just best to go early morning or late afternoon.
But if you want to do it the easy way go at night in your car and shine some lights in his eyes and shoot him.
i like to hunt just for the sheer enjoyment of watching stuff die. Next time you shoot yerself an elk, shoot it in the kidney or something so it doesn't die instantly, then go up to it and as its dying, stare right into it's eyes then slit it's throat.

fukk yeah!
Never been a big fan, always seemed kinda wrong. We should hunt posh people instead of foxes, movies about talking foxes are much more endeering than talking posh people.
I don't hunt anything myself, but I fully support culling, game shooting, and hunting with hounds.

I came home from town today, to find my thirteen year old brother skinning a rabbit, which he and the Jack Russel caught this afternoon, a great sight.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
Quote by Maidenfan066
I love hunting.

Even though I never get anything....I've had some of the best times of my life hunting.

Same here. Probably has something to do with the fact that I only go like twice a year though.

Although, if my dad or I get a deer, once we get all the meat off, we're going to put the carcass out in our field and put a motion sensor by it. Then, we're going to sit up in the hayloft of our barn. We've had a lot of coyotes around at night lately, so we're going to wait for them to come for the deer, which will then set off the alarm. Since it's always really bright in the winter from the snow, the coyotes will already be in plain sight, and we'll freaking pwn all of them.

If we're successful, I'll make a thread and post pics.
Not a fan, and while I agree with the above poster than unless you just go with a knife it's not really fair, I suppose it is a more noble way to get your meat then animals slaughtered on some farm.
Quote by mr.happyman
i like to hunt just for the sheer enjoyment of watching stuff die. Next time you shoot yerself an elk, shoot it in the kidney or something so it doesn't die instantly, then go up to it and as its dying, stare right into it's eyes then slit it's throat.

fukk yeah!

How did you manage to get away from Batman long enough to post this?
I like to hunt when there are decent weather conditions, but Trefellin, I have to agree with you on that.

hunting in cold = not fun

I don't tell people that I hunt though because people freak out about it. Eating and hunting game is a lot better morally then eating processed meat in my opinion.
Quote by aaciseric
Never been a big fan, always seemed kinda wrong. We should hunt posh people instead of foxes, movies about talking foxes are much more endeering than talking posh people.

Well, fox hunting isn't really dominated by aristocrats at all, that's just a stereotype which has stuck after the presence of some aristocrats at high class hunts, like Ledbury. Most people who hunt with hounds are just country folk who live in isolated villages and farmers.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
yea man, who ever doesnt like pantera or think they suck doesnt like metal, end of discussion, they changed the freakin world n made history, so don't be sayin they suck, have respect, same goes for machine head n lamb of god cuz their good too
If faced with an animal in my sights, I would not have the guts to pull the trigger and kill it.

'fessing up here and now, it's the truth. I'd wuss straight out.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
Quote by aaciseric
How did you manage to get away from Batman long enough to post this?

batman's sex-slave union (aka BSSU) ensures that i get a twenty minute break after every six hours.
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/

Unless it's fox hunting, it's not even the fact they hunt foxes. It's just the general toffery.

like this video explains http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=RI6iVwpOWNA

But, it's not an event dominated by aristocrats, just a few famous hunts which are aristocratic. The fact is, fox hunting does a good service, since foxes do huge damage to farmers' livestock, and since they don't have any natural predators, theuir numbers need to be controlled.

Out of all the methods of hunting, using dogs is the most humane method - due to animal instinct, the hounds will bite the fox's neck - if the aristocratic element makes it cruel, then you're just being chippy and bitter.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Quote by Monolith295
If you use a hunting knife it's cool. Otherwise it's horribly unfair.

It's even better if you use a spear

or a claymore (not the COD4 variety)
Quote by LedZeppelin9345
i wouldn't hunt, but i eat meat. i shouldn't feel bad about hunting, but there is a difference between actively ending a life and eating something that is already dead.

Not really, since it is the meat eating people that create a demand for meat which is met by hunters and slaughterhouses.

You are the reason they kill them.
Quote by Brunnis Jetrel, Eve-Search Forums
oh the good old days of launching strawberries at point blank range into people's faces with a ballista... brings back mammaries

Quote by SkyValley
Kick your OWN ass before he has a chance to get to it.

Clicky --->
yeah I couldn't kill an animal and I feel terrible eating them I usually try not to when I'm alone. If I had to live in the wild by myself I would never bring myself to kill an animal, even for food. I don't have a clue how I'd survive the winter but I'm sure not killing any animals.
UNLEASH THE FOCKING BURGERS
Quote by frottage
I like rabbit hunting, because I can just wear jeans and tennis shoes, and I'm moving around. With deer hunting, you get up really early, you wear really uncomfortable and gay looking clothes, you freeze your ass off sitting in one spot for four hours, and you see nothing.

hell i went with about 20 other people today and did some drives and stuff and me and two kids(well about 11 or 12) and one other guy were walking down the road and about 12 ran right in front of us i got off 2 shots and my gun jammed(and i couldn't find the deer i shot )
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by freddaahh
But, it's not an event dominated by aristocrats, just a few famous hunts which are aristocratic. The fact is, fox hunting does a good service, since foxes do huge damage to farmers' livestock, and since they don't have any natural predators, theuir numbers need to be controlled.

Out of all the methods of hunting, using dogs is the most humane method - due to animal instinct, the hounds will bite the fox's neck - if the aristocratic element makes it cruel, then you're just being chippy and bitter.

No im not saying it's cruel because of aristocracy.
Im just saying it's the general toffery of it all that makes me cringe so bad.
Of course thats really just a stereotype is it not?
Or do all people participating in fox hunting wear those red coats and blow on that stupid horn.
Last edited by slayer_rule_\m/ at Nov 29, 2008,
I've never been, but I've always wanted to go hunting wild boars. Those animals are horrible. One of my dad's friends that used to hunt all the time once said to him "people who say hunting is cruel have never seen a wild boar eating a lamb as it's being born". Ever since then, I'v wanted to snag on of those mofo's.
Quote by cm_punk_fan
hell i went with about 20 other people today and did some drives and stuff and me and two kids(well about 11 or 12) and one other guy were walking down the road and about 12 ran right in front of us i got off 2 shots and my gun jammed(and i couldn't find the deer i shot )

Lol that sucks. When I was like 11 I'd always go deer hunting with my uncle and like 20 of his friends.

Last year freaking sucked though. I went with my dad on the first day of gun season. We were getting ready to go in, my dad scared up a deer (he was 100 yards away) and it came right at me. I am not kidding at all, but the deer came close enough for me to touch it, and just stopped there and looked at me for like four seconds. My gun freaking jammed and the deer got away. That was probably the luckiest deer in the world. It was funny, cause my dad said he was watching and he was like "Uh why isn't he shooting?"
Quote by IcePh0enix
I like to hunt when there are decent weather conditions, but Trefellin, I have to agree with you on that.

hunting in cold = not fun

I don't tell people that I hunt though because people freak out about it. Eating and hunting game is a lot better morally then eating processed meat in my opinion.

its also a lot better for you because if you kill a deer its not pumped full of growth hormones like cattle are(and personally i think deer tastes better)
Quote by carmel_l
Frenchy's red.
Finally, true communism will ensue.
I think
E-Married to the very beautiful Epic_Cleavage also soon to be married to Epic_Cleavage, aka the beautiful Ms. Joanna Moore
Quote by slayer_rule_\m/
No im not saying it's cruel because of aristocracy.
Im just saying it's the general toffery of it all that makes me cringe so bad.

But there isn't much toffery in the whole thing. That's only a very small aspect of it, which is disproportionately publicised, when the reality is just a bunch of farmers and country folk with a pack of hounds.
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
Page 1 of 2