Are they recorded all in one take? Or does the drummer just play the verse, chorus, bridge etc, and then it all gets pieced together?
Quote by thankyougermany
I'm not in there
both ways
1. Open My Computer.
2. Open C:
3. Click on WINDOWS.
4. Open the folder "Media."
5. Click on the file "onestop."
6. Listen.
Probably all at once. Mic'ed up like they are in live situations.
Quote by ChemicalFire
He was too stunned by my fresh truths.

Quote by GodofCheesecake
"And I would've gotten away with it too, if it weren't for you darn kids and your meddling and your breakadowns!"

Quote by Nakedbythecomp
Metal is a sub-genre of metalcore since metalcore is more popular therefore better.
Either way.

It comes down to the producer and the drummer to choose how they record.

EDIT: I'm a drummer by the way, so...yeah.
I'm guessing it's just like recording anything else. Either in one take or piece by piece.

Drums aren't outlandish creatures that breed in a different way than what we're used to.

Quote by seljer
depends on how many times the drummer ****s up

I usually lose count by the time I reach the end of the first verse...
/lolawesomedrummerjokeisawesome
Quote by Chrisiphone
Oh wow this is a guitar forum!
Quote by JacobTheMe

Karvid is sexy

Quote by KAS1981
Why is it that some folks quote praise from other members in their sig lines?
Its lame.
they have a microphone for every peice of equipment that the drummer has, like the bass, toms, cymbals, snare, etc. and most of the time, for serious bands that are popular, they honestly have the computer remake all their drum beats and play it through for recordings... eversince about 2005 i've seen that happen.
ADVERTISING SPACE FOR SALE!
I don't charge much...

If you don't click this , you'll die :/
Quote by tjbhdeath squad
they have a microphone for every peice of equipment that the drummer has, like the bass, toms, cymbals, snare, etc. and most of the time, for serious bands that are popular, they honestly have the computer remake all their drum beats and play it through for recordings... eversince about 2005 i've seen that happen.

thats mainly metal bands because triggerz are teh brutalz
All at once or it doesnt really flow all that well.

Source: music technology student and been in the studio many a time.
I've been here since '04.

If they're wanting a realistic sound, they'll mic the bass, snare (top and bottom) and have two overheads. If they're wanting mainstream isolated drums, they'll mic everything up. I think.
Quote by seljer
thats mainly metal bands because triggerz are teh brutalz

Triggers =/= Computer Drums
Quote by ChemicalFire
The point of underground bands is their not popular or famous most of the time. Thus there is a good chance they suck.
Quote by eazy-c
Triggers =/= Computer Drums

true.

On the subject of triggers lol @ the whole deathcore scene.

Quote by NFFC_1865
true.

On the subject of triggers lol @ the whole deathcore scene.

yeah d00d. anything that's even deathcore related i won't listen to because its not br00talz enuff for me.
Quote by mr.happyman
yeah d00d. anything that's even deathcore related i won't listen to because its not br00talz enuff for me.

Sarcasm fail, I dont listen to anything remotely as heavy as deathcore in the first place.

mics near or on the drum.
"You're a twat!"- That dude in morrisons

"You Ugly git!" - That girl in the restaurant

"You Were a Mistake!" - Mum

just a few of my fans..

Mics!!!

A decent snare clip, A BD mic and a pair of crossed overheads to eliminate phase is all you need, and do it in one take or it looses its groove, give him a click down the headphones aswell.
Quote by ZanasCross
I'm now so drunk that even if my mom had given me a blow job at aeg 2, i'd be like I'm a pmp, butches.!

If this even madkes sense... if yhou sig this, Iw ll kill you.
Quote by 365_days_gone
Are they recorded all in one take? Or does the drummer just play the verse, chorus, bridge etc, and then it all gets pieced together?

Whatever way he wants to but usually it's all one take as it blends better