Seems like every single bump onto the edge of a table or something and I got a tiny dent Any magic way to get em out?
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Use a hammer to hit the rest of the guitar to level it out.
Ego inflating praise here:
Quote by Fishyesque
That is SOOOOOOOOOOO sig worthy! Pure awesomeness to you, sir.

C wut I did thar Fishy?

's UG
I'd never buy an SG. They look schmexy but I don't like how they balance out. It needs more weight in the body or something.

Can't help you.

At least those dings and scratches give the guitar character. People actually pay more for a guitar that has been banged and scratched and sanded to look like shit.
picture maybe? i wanna see the guitar, i mean scratch

and my les paul takes a beating a lot, against tables, doors, walls, stairs. no dents yet
MY GEAR!
Amp
-Peavey Classic 30
Guitars
-Silverburst Epiphone Les Paul Custom
-Squier Stratocaster
Pedals
-Ibanez TS9DX Turbo Tube Screamer
-Fender PT-100
-MXR Phase 90
-Fuzz Face Clone
-MXR Carbon Copy
make a sacrifice with a lesser guitar and maybe the god of rock will smile upon you and fix it
or just fap, that fixes all problems

but really, polish it or try to make it seem less noticable, unless you took a giant chunck off of it.
Look after your gear

I'm playing a second hand bass atm ( first bass ) and it's worth $150

It has no dents that i have inflicted upon it.
a little lost.....
Be more careful.
As for removing dents already there, it's not going to happen, but just take more care of it in future.
I know!!
I have on dent from a table and another from the bassist in my band throwing a tuner at my when I was holding my guitar...
At least they still look good!
Quote by NGD1313
Yes, my mom walked in on me getting my carrot skinned.

So I freaked out and flipped the vegetable tray.

There was ranch everywhere.

Quote by zwound
Win

Quote by __Pent__

^^Too bad I can't do this in real life
Quote by Trefellin
I'd never buy an SG. They look schmexy

Everyone seems to think this. I've always thought SGs looked cheap and very 'wannabe', almost like a BC Rich.

Oh well.
Quote by fender4482
picture maybe? i wanna see the guitar, i mean scratch

and my les paul takes a beating a lot, against tables, doors, walls, stairs. no dents yet

Mine too, and it's some Gibson/Baldwin $120 piece of firewood. I'm not careful at all and bang it off things all the time. There aren't any scratches on it at all except for some tiny chips of the headstock.
You think SGs dent easy? Wait til you own an Ibanez RG...
RIP Jasmine You.

Lieutenant of the 7-string/ERG Legion

Quote by FaygoBro420
Yo wassup, I'm trying to expand my musical horizons if you know what I mean, so can anybody reccomend me some cool Juggalo jazz?
Quote by Tom_hatton
Everyone seems to think this. I've always thought SGs looked cheap and very 'wannabe', almost like a BC Rich.

Oh well.

They probably look cheap to you because the 'cheaper than a crack whore' models they make are extremely popular. Just like with some B.C. Rich guitars. If local shops didn't have low quality SGs all over the place, you'd probably think otherwise. It's just the reputation that sinks into you.
Yeah I've read Mahogany dents easy, as for the dent, it's tiny and unnoticeable, but I still hate the fact that I have them, I'd rather have it dented without me knowing so I don't concentrate on the spot every time I play. As for the being careful part, I generally am, but it's those slip ups that get you, even if you've an OCD on being careful. I've also read somewhere that you can "buff" the dents out with steam or something.
Join cashcrate to make easy money. It may be tedious, but it does indeed work! Easily make $100 in about a week filling out random surveys.
Quote by aznrockerdude
You think SGs dent easy? Wait til you own an Ibanez RG...

i have an rg 1527 and it doesn't have any dents in it, a bit of scratching but no dents, and it's collided with just about every piece of furniture in my house. but htat may just be because it's a higher end model.
.|......|....|
=--
.............|

an unsaturated fattylolcid.
I've had an SG for 4 years and mine's hard as hell to dent.
My obligatory gear list

Guitars
Schecter C-1 Classic
Gibson SG Special
1987 Fender Strat
Epiphone PR-150

Amp and Effects
Peavey Valveking 112
Boss DD-6
Crybaby Wah-wah
Ibanez TS-9DX
Banshee 2 Talkbox

Crit plz! Wh ore of Gommorah
mines never been dented, although it's made of swamp ash instead of mahogany so that may have something to do with it. The finish is beat to hell though.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Trefellin
I'd never buy an SG. They look schmexy but I don't like how they balance out. It needs more weight in the body or something.

Can't help you.

At least those dings and scratches give the guitar character. People actually pay more for a guitar that has been banged and scratched and sanded to look like shit.

I agree with you, except I actually owned an Epi SG. It was okay, but I sold it to a friend who really wanted it after I bought a new guitar a year and a half ago.
I have two SGs one a semi-cheapo faded and a nice VOS(both are mahogany). the faded sg dents really easy and has real bad buckle rash, probly cuz it doesnt really hav a finish, its just stained. the VOS SG hasnt scratched at all and its got a hard see-thru laquor finish.
Altho mahonany is pretty soft so just be careful with it and dont hit anything
beer is good

Quote by Insanitydenied
Moral: DONT DO GUITAR SPINS!

^^my evil army...hehe...
Quote by Ledforthehead
My strap broke and my SG fell on hardwood floor and didn't dint at all.

Same thing happened to me.

Except for a giant chip
||=(|''''|''''|''''|''''|)>-----
Quote by Ledforthehead
My strap broke and my SG fell on hardwood floor and didn't dint at all.

Same thing happened to me, except the head broke off... again.

Garage sale guitar, what can you do?
I'm assuming you have the special faded model or whatever... Yeah, those scratch and dent really easily, Gibson even tells you that.

EDIT: disregard this post, i didn't read your sig.
My Jackson is really banged up, the pointy bits have no paint on them now. I take next to no care (apart from the occasional clean) of it now, looks great.
I haven't had any problems with dents, and I'm not too careful. I fucking love my SG

My mind is going. I can feel it.
if the dent on you guitar is not punctured try putting a wet cloth and iron over the dented area, i have never tryed on a guitar yet, if your really desperate to get your dent out you could give it a try.
Quote by arizonagt
i have an rg 1527 and it doesn't have any dents in it, a bit of scratching but no dents, and it's collided with just about every piece of furniture in my house. but htat may just be because it's a higher end model.

Yes. The 1527 is part of the RG Prestige line and the body is basswood.
Agreed! I was just polishing my Epiphone SG yesterday, and noticed how many dents it has... I feel your pain.

Unless you have a Gibson, in which case I feel a poor excuse for your pain...
Quote by Altoidwithmelon
Hambonicus, that was epic with a side of win

98% of teens have been around or have had alcohol. Put this in your sig if you like bagels.

Proud member of the "I don't believe in global warming clan".
i have the saaame problem
over the years mines accumulated a lot of little notches
I've hit the headstock on my Fender millions of times, it has so many little dents in the wood...
I don't get why people make such a big deal over little dents and scratches, it's not like it has any effect on the instruments functionality.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
why are they so easy to dent? simple, Gibson sucks and everything they make sucks and is extremely overrated and overpriced
My Rig:
Yamaha RBX 375 bass
Peavey Millenium BXP bass (won at Summer Slaughter 2010, signed by all the bands)
Eden Nemesis NC410 320w combo amp
Check out Tyrannicide, my death/thrash metal band:
http://www.myspace.com/tyrannicidemetal
I used car paint on mine.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15