so the end pin on my acoustic guitar keeps coming out when i'm playing with a strap on, other that using tape on my guitar is there anything i can do to solve that problem. anybody know of any ways to make a better end pin or something. i plan on putting a pickup in it after christmas and i can use the output jack end pin when i do that but i need something to hold me over until then. thanks!
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Fender Ash Lite Stratocaster
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
planet waves tuner-ts9dx tubescreamer-metal muff-boss ce-5-delta labs dd1 delay
you should probably just take it to a little guitar store

they'll fix it for cheap, i had the same thing with two of my electrics

they use this weird kind of "wood glue", i don't know but it worked and cost a little less than 5 dollars
ok thanks, anybody else have any other good solutions to this?
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
ur end pin comes out when playing with a strap on....thats funny XD
anyways yeah dude it might not be such a good idea to get it glued in since you'll have to take it out when you get the output jack put in, you know it?
super-duper wood glue might make that a bit harder...
hell its only a bit longer than three weeks away i'd say just tough it out bro
ooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh i know now!
take like an inch off an old string like an A or D and put it in the hole and then
ram the pin in there after ! (with some of the string hangin out of course)
that'll create some extra pressure and hopefully keep your
pin in for at least a bit longer!
^ A different idea is to use toothpicks, but with the same outcome in mind. Make the hole smaller by inserting a toothpick into the hole then screwing the endpin back in. The toothpick will take up the slack, and you can break off the excess bit after the pin is in place. It might not hold very solid, so just be careful when using the strap. Good part is neither way is permanent.
If the end pin has a face to it, (that rests against the body of the guitar to keep it from going into the hole, I'd think you could put some double-sided tape on that face, cut to size....it won't hold forever, but might help. (Sort of like a sticky washer)

Any chance you could play sitting down, or with one foot up on a stool?
"I was so much older then; I'm younger than that now"

Epiphone EJ200
Epiphone AJ500ME
Epiphone Hummingbird
Washburn J28SDL
Guild GAD25NAT
Last edited by Soupy1957 at Nov 30, 2008,
This hides a underlying problem I suspect. You might want to check for dryness in your guitar, the end pin is( because of it's unattached state) the first place to have shrinkage due to low humitity. This time of year the air gets very dry,sometimes as low as 34-40% humitity, the guitar was constructed at about 55% humitity.
A quick solution to loosness is to pull it and soak it in water for a short period, in a bowl with a small amount of water and not completly covering it, like standing it up with the small end in the water, check it often for fit. when it gets tight stop .
Mark Rich
I guess I wasn't clear , if the endpin is a screw the the other choice is a toothpick inserted as you screw it in breaking off extra when it bottoms out.
I thought after reading I should add this . When building a acoustic I use a hand cut wooden endpin, new factory guitars have went to a screw, you can also on a screw use a felt washer and allow part of the felt to go into the hole as you screw it in and the felt will wind into the threads and tighten it up. This route means no glue to deal with at a later date.
^i dont thinks he's talkin about a screw either bro, it just a plastic pin. but yes the toothpick is a great idea...i should of thought of that instead of the damn guitar string...grrr
thanks for the humidity tips though (:
yeah i just have a plastic end pin, i love the guitar its on but then end pin is crap in my opinion. i'm gonna try the tooth pick thing though that sounds like a pretty good idea until i can get my pickup installed and get a better endpin with it.
Epiphone Les Paul Custom
Ibanez ac70 acoustic
Ovation Celebrity
Fender Blues Jr
Now I understand you have a plastic end pin that is supposed to hold by friction and a little bit of glue, right? This opposed to an end pins that is held by a screw.
In that case the tape idea will not work. There'll be not enough room. The same goes for the tooth pick.
Instead a little bit of glue might work fine. Simple, cheap and no advanced skills required. Another possibility is to fill up the original hole by glueing in a wood plug and then fit a conventional metal end pin that is held in place by a screw. This'll be a neat and durable solution, but some experience in handling tools will be necessary.
Or you can go the shop right now and have the electronics fitted like you apparently plan to do. Your guitar tech probably wants to replace the end pin anyway, by one that also serves as an output socket, for wich the original plug has to be removed and the hole modified.