What would be the best for around 500-600? Or do I need to just go to a guitar shop and play some, though suggestions would be great !
I absolutely LOVE my Takamine... EG561C. I believe it was around that price...

It's not the loudest acoustic around, but the playability is amazing.
MINI enthusiast

@stevenpollock

My band: avenueofembers.com
Quote by neverspoiled
thank you stevenpollock..
the only Pit-head thats not a douche bag...right now anyway
=)
Going into a shop with an open mind, and play all in your price range seems best o_o.
Quote by Echoplex
Mature pit regulars? Are you retarded?

I am a proud Zune 120 owner
Quote by KennethJay
Going into a shop with an open mind, and play all in your price range seems best o_o.

oh, darn, you're right. still opinions are appreciated...I want one with a warm, velvety sound, so......
Quote by stevenpollock
I absolutely LOVE my Takamine... EG561C. I believe it was around that price...

It's not the loudest acoustic around, but the playability is amazing.

I also have a Takamine EG341SC G-Series Acoustic/Electric and I love it, if its within your budget, i would recommend it.
Also, you should always pick a guitar that you like, play it before your buy it.
do a little homework, and have some patience. You can get a nice used AMERICAN made Guild, D-40, D-4, d-25, ETC. Martin D-15, DM (solid top, laminate sides). There are bargains to be had, and all KICK ass 6 strings! Many others available as well. You may notice I am partial to the dreads.
I recently bought a Pristine Guild D-40 for $600 including OHSC, and ship. Sells at Musicians friend for $1700
Good luck
Solid wood rocks