apprently there are colored strings? does anyone have any experience with them? if so please share positive and negative...i would like to try some but i need some info
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
What a huge coincidence. I have a butthole also.
I saw a bass with black strings a couple days ago...
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by exect4500
it's bad if you have a floyd

i dont have a floyd...
the color wont like rub off on your fretboard will it?
Quote by Jack Off Jill
Better than hooked on crack, I suppose. I'd rather know my kids are safe at home beating their meat than out in the world robbing old women for their crack fix.

Quote by *sigh*
ive used colored strings. color comes off after a while. i dont think its worth it to make your guitar look sexy only for a few days or hours.
Yea, it's not such a great idea. The color will come off where the frets strike the string and where you pick. Then you'll end up with little colored flakes all over your guitar

Plus I think they look dumb. How can you feel good about your playing when you play colored strings?
Endorsed by Dean Guitars 07-10
2003 Gibson Flying V w/ Moon Inlay
2006 Fender All-American Partscaster
SVK ELP-C500 Custom

1964 Fender Vibro Champ
1989 Peavey VTM60

[thread="1166208"]Gibsons Historic Designs[/thread]
I have some Red Devils:

Pros:
-They're pretty
-They sound good
-They last super long

Cons:
-The coating rubs off where you do most of your picking/strumming
-They last a bit too long, if you like experimenting with different string brands and gauges like I do.
-They cost a billion jillion dollars (read: $12 USD) a pack (but that's typical of coated strings of any brand)
GHOST BLOWJOB!
WHOOO! WOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Quote by Underjoggle
I have some Red Devils:

Pros:
-They're pretty
-They sound good
-They last super long

Cons:
-The coating rubs off where you do most of your picking/strumming
-They last a bit too long, if you like experimenting with different string brands and gauges like I do.
-They cost a billion jillion dollars (read: $12 USD) a pack (but that's typical of coated strings of any brand)

does the color rub off on your fretboard though?
Quote by Jack Off Jill

Quote by *sigh*
Quote by bi-ah!
does the color rub off on your fretboard though?

No, but as previously stated, it does wear at the point of picking, and leaved coloured flakes on the body. I have the 'hot pink' strings on my goth explorer (to match the pink strap and knobs....don't ask), and I bought a set of 'evergreens' and a set of 'peacock blues' for my yamaha RGX-A2 to be strung blue, green, blue, green.... (as it has blue/green pickup selector LEDs). I got them on a whim as I liked the idea for stage use, but I found they lost their colour in places really quickly - in fact, I got rid of the 'evergreens' after only one gig as the colour seemed to fall off instantly.

They are a good coated string and feel good when fretted, but pricey. Don't expect them to look pristine for long, but they certainly get noticed under stage lighting.

Wouldn't put them on my firebird though, sticking with ernie balls.
They're like $5. Why don't you just try them for yourself and see if you like them. If not, you're only out $5.
Guitars:
Agile PS900 Blue Flame: SD Blackouts, TonePros TOM, Grover Locking Mini-Rotomatic Tuners.
Amps:
Peavey 5150 Head w/Bias Mod.
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by madrigal77
They're like $5. Why don't you just try them for yourself and see if you like them. If not, you're only out $5.

They're not $5, that's the problem. They are about £13 here, meaning they'd be a lot more than $5. I would suggest that the TS get a pack to try as they are a decent coated string at the end of the day.