Page 1 of 2
Hey, what should I get?

A brand new Bugera 333xl 120w combo, a JCM 900 with behringer bg412h cab (used), or possibly a small P.A (Tapco Thump) with A POD x3 live.

I play stuff like van halen, guns n roses etc. I play live and in my bedroom.

- sorry for making so many of these 'compare posts' but I just can't make up my mind! I'm 16 and have no money!
i'd go with the 900 if it had a better cab....
MY DESIGN/PHOTOGRAPHY TUMBLR
Quote by SEALSniper1152

If you take a jar, and whisper what you want to hate into it, then close the jar, coat it in crunchy peanut butter, and shove it up your ass. I'm pretty sure you could hate everything after that.
Quote by PETERFKNPARKER
i'd go with the 900 if it had a better cab....

Why is that not a good cab?
you could use jesus' personal amp and it would sound like crap through a berhinger cab. what specific type of metal/hard rock do you like?
Quote by BryanChampine
It was like a orgasm in my ear.
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
you could use jesus' personal amp and it would sound like crap through a berhinger cab. what specific type of metal/hard rock do you like?

Umm I like satriani, van halen, guns n roses, metallica, john petrucci etc etc etc...

Reccomend me something else cheap! Or would that bugera be good? What about a peavey valveking 212!?
from what youve told us, id go bugera, because of your lack of a good cab.
Geets:
Ibanez GSA60
Epiphone SG/LP custom
Schecter Damien elite 7
Fender Highway one Telecaster

Pedals:
Visual sound Jekyll and Hyde

Amp:
Peavey 6505
Marshall M412a cab
Peavey Classic 50

GO STEELERS!
that bugera would do very well (i think) for those, esp. satriani and van halen.
the jcm900 would do it well too, but i feel like the bugera is more versatile.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
that bugera would do very well (i think) for those, esp. satriani and van halen.
the jcm900 would do it well too, but i feel like the bugera is more versatile.

COOL! I need money now...
go try one out if you can to be sure its what you want.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
go try one out if you can to be sure its what you want.

Yea I've tried the Bugera, it's really nice but not the greatest clean for some reason. Has anyone actually tried the behringer cabs? Or are they just saying that coz of the stereotypes towards behringer
the other guitar player in my band used a berhinger cab for one show because his rig was malfunctioning. its bad. berhinger is always bad.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Quote by chea_man
the other guitar player in my band used a berhinger cab for one show because his rig was malfunctioning. its bad. berhinger is always bad.

Ok! cool, so bugera it is... or POD x3???????????
pods are great for playing with in your room and using to record some ideas on your computer. but if you want to gig and stuff i would go with the bugera.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
The irony here is that Bugera is a Berhinger.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Quote by occub

HAHA!! yes very true! awesome.
Dude,
Burgera= nono

JCM 900 with a different cab and maybe a boss DS-1 would get you the closest to satch's and van halen tone. go on youtube and sear jcm 900 combo satch and theres vids.

JCM 900 hands down
Quote by occub

false.
they are distributed by berhinger.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
Holy ****. I never thought I would see the day that Bugera was recommended over a Marshall tube amp. Am I ****ing stoned? The JCM is a better choice just based on the reliability factor. **** the cabinet. If the cabinet is ****, it will work until you get something better. The tone IMO is so much better out of a JCM than a Bugera.
Quote by chea_man
false.
they are distributed by berhinger.

Nope, Bugera were designed by Uli Behringer... =parent company, you can keep believing that if you want. I already went through this trying to get my Bugera repaired (by Behringer)

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article...12/jul-08/86639
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
Last edited by occub at Jan 5, 2009,
Quote by occub
Nope, Bugera were designed by Uli Behringer... =parent company, you can keep believing that if you want. I already went through this trying to get my Bugera repaired (by Behringer)

http://www.guitarplayer.com/article...12/jul-08/86639

the way i understand it is that bugera is an italian company. i know for a fact they have been making great speakers for years (the speakers are considered top of the line.)
parent company =/= manufacturer.
so, unless im missing something, which happens quite frequently to be honest haha, then they are just the distributor.
Quote by BryanChampine
Chea_man is the best.
bugera, cheap and amazing tone for price. warrenty FTW if anything fails
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
schecter Damian 6 string
Jackson Dinky Dk2
Peavey 6505+
B-52 At212
Quote by chea_man
the way i understand it is that bugera is an italian company. i know for a fact they have been making great speakers for years (the speakers are considered top of the line.)
parent company =/= manufacturer.
so, unless im missing something, which happens quite frequently to be honest haha, then they are just the distributor.

Nah Bugera is a German name. Im bitter towards Bugera so sorry if I came across harsh, Im in recovery, lol.

MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
well! hello again people! I did get the bugerra... And you people are all saying... eww bhringer eww - yucky tone.

BUT no.

Fantastic tone. BAM IN YOUR FACE!
One thing. It's 120w which is extremely loud. Too loud. To make a tube amp sound good you need to turn it uuuuup!

BUT!!!! one day i decided to 'turn it up' (with headphones on ofcourse) and heard strange noises. Weird 'jingly' noises (not good), I wouldn know but it might?? be a microphonic tube... or 2... or 7...

So. Therefore it is already broken and has been from day one. I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones and not get a broken one. But seems they are al broken... gosh

Lucky I have warranty! It's going back. Maybe to return fixed!

its sound is not as good as my old peavey triumph pag 60 - but thats deeply broken.
I play similar stuff as well as some harder stuff and I'm going for the Bugera! *looks down at sig*
____________My Gear:___________

Bad SX starter kit Guitar
Cube 30W(Finally!! )

Cort X-11 Fund $65/$250
Bugera 333xl 212 Fund $0/$880

Finally got myspace, go check it out ---> www.myspace.com/ianbearmusic
Quote by spaterman
well! hello again people! I did get the bugerra... And you people are all saying... eww bhringer eww - yucky tone.

BUT no.

Fantastic tone. BAM IN YOUR FACE!
One thing. It's 120w which is extremely loud. Too loud. To make a tube amp sound good you need to turn it uuuuup!

Not really. Turning up a tube amp makes a great sound better. It'll still sound great, but don't let that change your mind on buying an amp, besides the wattage shouldn't alter your opinion on an amp if you like the tone.
╠═══════╬═══════╣

THE LURKER σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣
Quote by spaterman
BUT!!!! one day i decided to 'turn it up' (with headphones on ofcourse) and heard strange noises. Weird 'jingly' noises (not good), I wouldn know but it might?? be a microphonic tube... or 2... or 7...

So. Therefore it is already broken and has been from day one. I thought I'd be one of the lucky ones and not get a broken one. But seems they are al broken... gosh

I didn't know these amps had a headphone jack. Usually, tube amps do not have headphone jacks unless they have a build in dummy load and said headphone jack. What did you plug your headphones into?

I would also check BeerChurch's Blog on the real issues.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
I didn't know these amps had a headphone jack. Usually, tube amps do not have headphone jacks unless they have a build in dummy load and said headphone jack. What did you plug your headphones into?

I would also check BeerChurch's Blog on the real issues.

i think he meant ear protection.

and btw, some amps do jingle a bit when you crank them. it's not the tubes tho. it's just the cab shaking.

of course, if said jingling was coming through the speaker, then that probly is a problem
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
Quote by tenaciousjp
Dude,
Burgera= nono

JCM 900 with a different cab and maybe a boss DS-1 would get you the closest to satch's and van halen tone. go on youtube and sear jcm 900 combo satch and theres vids.

JCM 900 hands down

Honestly, the closest I've ever heard someone get to his tone was on a MG15 without any effects.
It's some youtube kid who built himself a white/black Frankenstrat and has covered basically everything by Eddie and it all sounds pretty much like the album.
Go for the JCM man, I have one and its quite versatile.
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
Quote by metallica_death
Go for the JCM man, I have one and its quite versatile.

he already bought the bugera
Quote by Johansensan
sir, i would like to inform you that you are now my favorite UGer. Not only did you use the word y'all, which is native to my homeland, but you correctly punctuated it using the apostrophe.

Christian Guitarists
A Weekly Devotional
The people bashing the Behringer cab and praising the Bugera combo don't seem to realise Behringer cabs came fitted with Bugera speakers long before the amp range was released.
Quote by lizarday
oh yeah? well larry king the slayer guitarist owns bc rich guitars. (i think)
^ My thoughts exactly...
daytripper75

Bullieve

Quote by Amuro Jay
I'm gonna need specific instructions again on how to properly dance with my pants on my head.
Quote by lolmnt
First you put your pants on your head.
Second you dance.
Third you wipe off all the pussy.
Page 1 of 2