Page 1 of 2
guitardude34875
Banned
40 IQ
searched, nothing came up.

so, who are your favorite skacore/skametal bands?

mine would have to be Voodoo Glow Skulls

discuss
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,335 IQ
Ska metal?

Dancehall Satan has some pretty good tracks. Honestly I get all my skacore from a music blog and I haven't gone through any of it, although I really do like skacore.

God damn I'm drunk right now. This is not as fun as drunk posting normally is. I'm listening to NOFX and drunk posting. DAMN YOU CHEAP VODKA!
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
mbbmalcolm
10 IQ
I dunno if Operation Ivy count as ska-core, I'm not up on my ska subgenres, but theyre just about as good as anything that was recorded by anyone anywhere ever.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
300 IQ
If somebody can tell me a ska metal band I'd love to listen to it
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
jpate770
62 IQ
No Cash isnt that bad...although most of the crack rock steady bands are gettin kinda old.
Absent Cries
Great Job
30 IQ
Quote by axeslash

Dancehall Satan has some pretty good tracks. Honestly I get all my skacore from a music blog and I haven't gone through any of it, although I really do like skacore.

I only have Beyond Good & PC, are there any others?

Adequate Seven for skacore
myspace.com/barcodeyouth
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,335 IQ
Quote by Absent Cries
I only have Beyond Good & PC, are there any others?

Adequate Seven for skacore
Beyond Good & PC is the only one I've been able to find.
Journalism is just a gun. It's only got one bullet in it, but if you aim right, that's all you need. Aim it right, and you can blow a kneecap off the world.
Cory Smash
love sucks ass
30 IQ
How does one make ska-metal? I'm actually not entirely certain it can be done.

Or at least not well.
Cory is a girl's name too.

myspace.com/corysmash

aim me at corysmash196
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,335 IQ
I've been listening to Niño Zombie so much these past couple days. They are sooooooo good.
Xhale1
10 IQ
some southern cali bands are red store bums, la resistencia, 8 kalacas<<dopee, los arambula,and others that im too lazy to remember u can look em up on youtube
lessthan22fish
61 IQ
Flaming Tsunamis have a new album coming out soon, and their early tracks like "OPUS" and "REFUSE TO DIE" were crazy good. On their full length, Fear Everything, "The Great Red Cross Robbery", "Satan Vs The USA", and "Weaug Teaug Peaug" are really good tracks, if anyone wants to check them out that hasn't.

I personally like the Flatliners a lot, they're pretty heavy for ska stuff. Their album Destroy What Creates is really good. "Fred's Got Slacks" and "Scumpunch" are solid, fun songs.

Melodic Skacore! We Are The Union is like Set Your Goals with upstrokes and happy breakdowns, and trombone and saxophone. Album is available for free on their Purevolume, those guys got some talent.

And last but not least, The Arrogant Sons of Bitches. I guess since Jeff Rosenstock is just so angry and constantly screaming, I'd call it skacore, their album is really really good.
Last edited by lessthan22fish at Jan 7, 2009,
pInK_eLePhAnT
Stompy stompy!
10 IQ
Quote by lessthan22fish

Melodic Skacore! We Are The Union is like Set Your Goals with upstrokes and happy breakdowns, and trombone and saxophone. Album is available for free on their Purevolume, those guys got some talent.

I really like We Are The Union. My boyfriend says theyre like LTJ crossed with SYG!
They're pretty addictive.
GEETEEKAY
10 IQ
"cafe con tequila, red store bums, rooster cruiser, matamoska, sekta core, la resistencia, 8 kalacas, anesthesia, the 5th wave,j.l.b." if you want good ska core then you should listen to "ourscene radio" on itunes ...its a podcast so its free
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,335 IQ
What is up with mexicans and skacore?
Mr Pringle
...And The Battle Begun
40 IQ
I'd suggest flaming tsunamis, fishbone (Some skafunkmetalish stuff on their latest release) and Random hand.

I've been listening heaps to this gypsy deathcore called "The Barons Of Tang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKc8YW9rSyo
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
sargasm
1977 and we are going mad
230 IQ
Ska Metal isn't a thing.

At least it shouldn't be, so we should at least try not to discuss it so its existence isn't validated.

Skacore shouldn't really be a thing either, but it's worked... in that there is like 2 good skacore bands ever.
Mr Pringle
...And The Battle Begun
40 IQ
Quote by sargasm
Ska Metal isn't a thing.

At least it shouldn't be, so we should at least try not to discuss it so its existence isn't validated.

Skacore shouldn't really be a thing either, but it's worked... in that there is like 2 good skacore bands ever.

Geez, how much neg salad did you eat today?
I may not have a brain, gentlemen, but I have an idea...
SumFX
The Terror Of Tinytown
2,564 IQ
Quote by Mr Pringle
I'd suggest flaming tsunamis, fishbone (Some skafunkmetalish stuff on their latest release) and Random hand.

I've been listening heaps to this gypsy deathcore called "The Barons Of Tang
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKc8YW9rSyo

Actually brilliant, thanks for posting.
I can't hear any Deathcore though (thank god), some moments of Black Metal which is cool.

OT: Random Hand, saw them opening for RBF last year and they were amazing.
Also, any Crack Rock Steady band. It's all good.
FreeMoneyPress
Stack Thunder
10 IQ
So, check out this song "Boiling Point" by Le Scrawl. there is your answer. I love this song it makes me smile every time.

[forbidden link]

enjoy!
n.grecs
10 IQ
Anybody know where I can get a copy of "Destroy what destroys you"? And I'd rather buy it than do it illegally to support the band
axeslash
I got no learnin'
3,335 IQ
Skip it, Against All Authority sucks and their entire back catalogue sucks and they barely register as ska-punk at all.
Page 1 of 2