Alright so the valveking half stack has two inputs, i was wondering if you could plug two guitar into the amp at once? would it damage it? hurt it in some way... me and another person are planning on running both our acouustic guitars thorugh it... would it sound good?
Guitars:
Dean Razorback Explosion =D
Schecter Omen 6
Ibanez 30 Exotic Wood =D
Custom Les Paul w/EMG

Amps:
Line 6 Spider II :S
Peavey ValveKIng Halfstack

Pedal:
Boss ME-50
the two inputs are there to work with what pickups you have in the guitar the high for actives and low for passives. However you can put two guitars in at once but the sound will keep cutting in and out betwen the two I dont think it will damge it if you do this then again im not sure about that
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Syn_66
However you can put two guitars in at once but the sound will keep cutting in and out betwen the two I dont think it will damge it if you do this then again im not sure about that

Not true, my Valveking or my Bandit don't do that.
when i last put two guitars through a VK one was always more dominant than the other and at times cut the other guitar out
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
See my Sig, the input jacks on the VK and probably their other Chinese stuff are pure ****. Don't believe me, go to Peavey forums and type input jack in the search, threads galore. Actually there are a few other members of this forum that have run into it as well.

It's the jack.
^ok sin city sid fyi here, when you sit and rip on peavey and the amp all through your sig and then advertise your valveking for sale, who the hell do you think is gonna buy it. Seriously.

as for the TS, like Syn 66 said, typically, one output is meant for hotter pickups( high output) and the other for lower output (check manual if it doesnt say directly on amp)
Last edited by Ekim423 at Nov 29, 2008,
do you think I would sell that POS to anyone here on this board? Lots of dumb asses on craigslist that will snap this up for 325. when you own one of these you can correct me but untill then, listen and learn.

Yes you can plug two guitars into the amp, if both ports are used it defaults both ports to low gain. And for sounding bad, most everyone here prefers low gain on these amps as high gain is just way to harsh. the TS didn't ask about the ports just if he could plug two guitars in at once.

Yes, yes you can, won't hurt it one single little bit.
Quote by Sin City Sid
do you think I would sell that POS to anyone here on this board? Lots of dumb asses on craigslist that will snap this up for 325. when you own one of these you can correct me but untill then, listen and learn.

Yes you can plug two guitars into the amp, if both ports are used it defaults both ports to low gain. And for sounding bad, most everyone here prefers low gain on these amps as high gain is just way to harsh. the TS didn't ask about the ports just if he could plug two guitars in at once.

Yes, yes you can, won't hurt it one single little bit.

I find that it defaults to high-gain, actually. When a guitar is plugged into the second input and a dummy jack is in the first input it makes the amp sound... more punchy, I guess.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
Quoted directly from the manual, page 8. "If both inputs are used simultaneously, the levels are the same (both are low gain)."

What you are experiencing is what I stated about everyone liking the low gain better.
The manual may say that, yes, but I find it's not the case.

Like how the manual's settings for metal are total lies.
Quote by DeathByDestroyr
What the hell is a G&L.

Quote by Flux'D
Gay & Lesbian I think, the box smelled funny
Greg what did you send me??
1.) The manual is wrong imo.

2.) Peaveys don't suck imo.

3.) TS take your question to The Valveking Thread.

4.) Sin City Sid - as I've mentioned before, I'm sorry you are having troubles but I've seen Bugera users act better then this. You're generalizing. Abuse the input jack on a $400 amp and you're f'd. That was a simple solder job. NO?

5.) "Don't buy Peavey"? wtf? Peaveys for the most part have held up well in TONS of shows and recordings.

It may not be the greatest amp in the world...it is a $400/$500 low budget tube amp alternative.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
1.) The manual is wrong imo.

2.) Peaveys don't suck imo.

3.) TS take your question to The Valveking Thread.

4.) Sin City Sid - as I've mentioned before, I'm sorry you are having troubles but I've seen Bugera users act better then this. You're generalizing. Abuse the input jack on a $400 amp and you're f'd. That was a simple solder job. NO?

5.) "Don't buy Peavey"? wtf? Peaveys for the most part have held up well in TONS of shows and recordings.

It may not be the greatest amp in the world...it is a $400/$500 low budget tube amp alternative.

1, so you don't trust PV? haha, they built it, they should know, my bandit is the same way, too.
2 I didn't say PV sucks, only their repair facility. I own 3 of their amps! and I have recommended the Vypyr a few times.
3 Why, we answered his question unless he has more.
4 I never abuse my equipment. Even my 15 yo strat is in mint condition. Well if it was a simple solder job then I would of had it back a month and half ago. The jack broke, it is a common problem. My Vypyr and bandits jacks are fine and the bandit is 15 years old.
5 Fine buy them, its your money but I won't give them another penny of mine. Terrible service and nothing but lies from the rep at the repair facility.

Look man, your a cool dude. I wasn't trying to start crap but when people call me on the carpet then I gonna defend the correct info. I'm also going to stop any wrong statements such as the amp cutting out when both jacks in use. If you have anything in writing or can prove high gain with both in use I will retract my statement and apologize.