See title. I'm just wondering, if you're making an LP, SG or some other guitar with a set neck that has a tune-o-matic bridge, how do you angle the neck? Are you meant to angle the joint at the body or on the neck (if you understand what I mean)?

Sorry if you don't understand the question; I'm kinda tired and my brain has been turned into ****.
You can recess the bridge, or fix up a jig that will rout your pocket at an angle. Either one works.
------

Shwiggity.
Quote by deftonesordie
You can recess the bridge, or fix up a jig that will rout your pocket at an angle. Either one works.

Ah ok, so you have to route the pocket, not angle the actual neck at the joint? Thanks for that. I reckon I'd go for routing the pocket just because I prefer the look of a non-recessed tune-o-matic.
Quote by Skeet UK
You can angle either the neck or the pocket.

Thanks. I'd've thought that angling the neck would be easier than the pocket. One other quick question: how far should the neck extend into the body? And does normal wood glue work or do I have to use some other type of glue?
^Normal wood glue. And you can go as far in as you want really. I'd put the heel into the neck pickup rout like this
I'm a bit tired right now, so I'm not sure what I mean to say with this post, but this image might be helpful:

If you're worried about not having enough neck at the heel, make a long tenon.
Cheers guys. From the pics, it looks like the neck should kinda extend to about the end of the neck pickup. I'm not really worried about not having enough neck at the heel (TBH, I'm not 100% what that means; I'm suspecting it means having a very 'thin' neck pocket if you understand what I mean, and in this case it shouldn't matter for me because I'm gonna angle the neck).
Quote by kenan6346
Cheers guys. From the pics, it looks like the neck should kinda extend to about the end of the neck pickup. I'm not really worried about not having enough neck at the heel (TBH, I'm not 100% what that means; I'm suspecting it means having a very 'thin' neck pocket if you understand what I mean, and in this case it shouldn't matter for me because I'm gonna angle the neck).

The heel, is the bit of the neck that butts up against the body.

So, making a long tenon, would mean, make the fat bit under the neck, longer so that you have enough meat in the guitar, and enough sticking out to make whatever heel shape you want.
Quote by Skeet UK
The heel, is the bit of the neck that butts up against the body.

So, making a long tenon, would mean, make the fat bit under the neck, longer so that you have enough meat in the guitar, and enough sticking out to make whatever heel shape you want.

Sorry for not replying for a few days, I've been away. Thanks for that info