Poll: this or that?
Poll Options
View poll results: this or that?
Metalzone to play the metalz
11 37%
Acoustic Guitar to learn classical guitar???
19 63%
Voters: 30.
nobody answered my question in the guitar gear forum so i come to you mighty pit...

so here is my problem. a friend of mine is selling me a boss metalzone for just $90. i have $110 with me right now.
i also need an acoustic guitar, electro acoustic would be better, i saw one in a local guitar shop for $200, my dad said he could pay the other $90.

i already have a boss DS-1, i play metal and the DS-1 is just not enough, but i also like to play acoustic stuff (i don't have an acoustic guitar though, i just play my electric guitar with the clean channel )

so yeah help me decide, metalzone or electro-acoustic.

PS: and sorry i know this is not the right forum but no one answered there...
Quote by Vagabond21
Ewww the searchbar is a slut, it gets used everyday...

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Last edited by magnum1117 at Nov 29, 2008,
$110+$80=$190???
"This is Sierra-259, you got Spartans on the ground, sir. We're not going anywhere."

Fender Partscaster

Vox AC4TV

Korg Pitchblack Tuner
TC Electronics Nova Repeater
Electro Harmonix Big Muff Pi
MXR Micro Amp
EH Holy Grail Reverb
Quote by guitardude34875
metalzone, then get an acoustic simulator

EDiT: and post in electric again, but i thought I'd help

thanks
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

The brain says "hey, lets be friends" and the dick says "hey, lets get those clothes off, eh?"

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Yeaaaaaah, Huuuuuhuuuu, Saaaaaaah and MASTOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR are all Hetfield memes.
Quote by NewsoftheWorld
$110+$80=$190???

ups, fixed

EDIT: ups sorry double post.
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
I would say get a Metal Muff over the Metal Zone.

Acoustic guitars are fun, too.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by Chris_Parker
I would say get a Metal Muff over the Metal Zone.

Acoustic guitars are fun, too.

well i haven't seen a metal muff here (i live in mexico) and a electro acoustic guitar would be cool because i can play it at school or somewhere, and i could use it for non-metal gigs.

but i want to play metal and DS-1 is just to crappy
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by guitardude34875
metalzone, then get an acoustic simulator

I've not heard good things about those at all.

I'd recommend the electric acoustic.
I own a Metalzone, and to be honest, it's really not that great of a pedal. I rarely use it anymore, even when I play metal. I say go for the acoustic, especially if you don't have one. Acoustics are a lot of fun to play and it's always nice to have something more portable.
Quote by hug a llama
You put parentheses in parentheses. I...I...I think I love you.

Quote by Vos
THANK YOU! You're my hero!
Quote by Trefellin
I've not heard good things about those at all.

I'd recommend the electric acoustic.

what the metalzone or acoustic simulator?
if acoustic simulator, surely it has a more acoustic sounding tone than an electric guitar with a clean sound?
Definitely get a new guitar. Acoustic guitars are pretty much the most useful to have, cause if you can't make a song sound good acoustically, throwing walls of distortion and effects on it just make a bad song sound awful. You can never have too many guitars!
Go with the acoustic, you'll enjoy it more in the long run.
I love Foxy Shazam more than you.

▲ ▲

Aren't Metalzones that much regularly?
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Yeah, I'd say acoustic.

However, later on you should try finding a Metal Muff. Try the internet, and/or buy used.
I was an Internet Witness in the mike.h Murder Case.
Quote by Pauldapro
this man is right. everything he says is right. so, stop killing people and get therapy ffs
Quote by black-sabbath
Aren't Metalzones that much regularly?

not in mexico, their price is around $140 to $200...pretty expensive huh?
Quote by Vagabond21

Quote by tremeloud

Quote by Nilpferdkoenig
Quote by guitardude34875
what the metalzone or acoustic simulator?
if acoustic simulator, surely it has a more acoustic sounding tone than an electric guitar with a clean sound?

The acoustic simulator.

An actual acoustic will sound way better than an electric with any pedal. It just doesn't sound as good. It doesn't make sense to me to put down a $100 on a pedal when you can better sound from an actual guitar that costs only twice as much... maybe less depending. You'd want to buy an actual acoustic eventually and then you wouldn't use the pedal again.

My brother has a metalzone. It does give you slightly better distortion and more variety in that but an acoustic is just more useful than a distortion pedal. Unless, you're playing tons of metal and only that, the acoustic is better.
Quote by Trefellin
The acoustic simulator.

An actual acoustic will sound way better than an electric with any pedal. It just doesn't sound as good. It doesn't make sense to me to put down a $100 on a pedal when you can better sound from an actual guitar that costs twice as much. You'd want to buy an actual acoustic eventually and then you wouldn't use the pedal again.

My brother has a metalzone. It does give you slightly better distortion and more variety in that but an acoustic is just more useful than a distortion pedal. Unless, you're playing tons of metal and only that, the acoustic is better.

good point
Quote by Bradders0707
Accoustic guitar. Why must it be classical?

+1
u will be so much more happy with an acoustic ibanez sage then a guitar with loads of distortion, believe me
itll make u a better songwriter and will probably broaden ur horizon as well
btw, u can prob yank a metal zone used for a couple bucks off ebay if u wanted.
UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼
Quote by coryklok
Don't get the metalzone. It sucks.

GET THE MARSHALL MG FOR IT BR00TALZ DISTORTION!!!

UG's condensed package of adrenaline

i am not liable for anything stated above
▼ but he is ▼