Just got my new bugera and sounds great but when playing at low volumes it can add a lot of fizz to the sound and other than cranking it (which i cant do till band practise) would a nice overdrive help cure the problem was looking at a TS9, bad monkey, maxon?
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
If you dont have a lot of money get the Bad Monkey, best OD in the $50 range by far. If you have more money, there are many to choose from.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
honestly your best bet would be an attenuator

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

did consider an attenuator but they are reasonably expensive and not really designed for large volume cuts mainly used to reduce preamp distortion i believe
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

I Was at Download 07/08/09/10 Because I'm not a Cheap Bastard and I'm Damn Proud!
Quote by Syn_66
did consider an attenuator but they are reasonably expensive and not really designed for large volume cuts mainly used to reduce preamp distortion i believe

Well I bought a THD hot plate for my 6262 and it didnt tame it at all, and for $300 was not worth it at all.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
MAXON. Best $135 I ever spent.
2007 American Deluxe Strat
Crate Palomino V32 - 1x12
Boss DS-1
Crybaby Wah
Maxon OD-808
a ts9 would be good. check out the bad monkey too and a bbe green screamer.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by Syn_66

not quite...

you can use an attenuator to bring a 100 watt amp cranked to reasonable volume levels, it'll sound compressed and you'll get tone loss, but regardless, it works, and it doesn't reduce preamp distortion, I'm not sure where you got that from.

If you want to get rid of the fizziness, an attenuator is your best bet.
Quote by al112987
not quite...

you can use an attenuator to bring a 100 watt amp cranked to reasonable volume levels, it'll sound compressed and you'll get tone loss, but regardless, it works, and it doesn't reduce preamp distortion, I'm not sure where you got that from.

If you want to get rid of the fizziness, an attenuator is your best bet.

Didnt work in my case but you could always go to GC and buy it, try it and take it back if you dont like it. I think they have a 30 day return policy, same goes for the bad monkey.
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
for low volume not much is gonna make it sound good... honestly TS9 is a good pedal for live and practice i use mine as a boost to drive my 18 watt marshall clone over the top and it works super... but because i have an amp that needs to be cranked to distort i bummer my buddys marshall govner pedal for low volume... the pedal sounds like a damnjcm on a goo day on a bad one it soudns like an MG but my point is at low volumes your never gonna have the sounds you want
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is bunny. Copy him into your signature to help him acheive world dominance.
Right I will have to get the dbm and ts9 and see how it changes, but if an attenuator is the best way to go what is recomended that isnt a crazy price
Gear:
ESP ltd MH-1000
Jackson DK2T
Bugera 6262-212
Roland Cube 30X

Last edited by Syn_66 at Nov 30, 2008,