What does an EQ pedal do exactly?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Quote by Guitarfanatic93
What does an EQ pedal do exactly?

Just find out what EQ does in general and you'll know
Really fine adjustments to treble, bass, mids.
Gear:
Epiphone G-400 Ebony
Line-6 UberMetal, EchoPark
Boss RC-2 Loop Station
Traynor YCV50Blue, Bass Mate 25, Guitar Mate 15
Quote by black-sabbath
Really fine adjustments to treble, bass, mids.

why not just use the treble, bass, and mids adjustments on the amp?
Last.fm

"Music is a language of emotion. It informs our words with FEELING, and doesn't need to be learned.. It's visceral and innate" - Jason Silva
Quote by Guitarfanatic93
why not just use the treble, bass, and mids adjustments on the amp?

As an example the MXR 10 lets you fine tune, you can get down right surgical with your tone.
Epi Les Paul-APH1/Mean 90
MIM Strat

Korg DTR1000
ADA MP-1
Mesa/Boogie Quad Pre
Mesa/Boogie Midi Matrix
<power amp>

Quote by rhcp_freak
If you're EQ'd loose, you'll sound loose anyway.
Ok makes sense now. Do you recommend this kind of pedal for an intermediate player like myself or should i hold back on it for now?
Last.fm

Quote by Ghold125
i think a new amp might better...

i know my current amp sucks. im getting a Randall RG50TC for christmas (hopefully). i wasn't planing on using any pedal for my current amp lol.
Last.fm

Quote by Ghold125
then an eq might be a good investment.

yeah i wasnt planing on a huge a** pedal board. just the basics like od pedal, eq, and wah, anything else important i forgot?
Last.fm

Quote by bogg808
For the pedalboard you could try a chorus for your clean sound and maybe a delay if you do soloing.

im not going to get it all at once i think i will start out with an od pedal and an eq. i already have a wah. and go from there
Last.fm

Quote by bogg808
I knew that, its just in the future when you save up enough you could look into chorus and delay.

i know what you mean. thanks for the help man
Last.fm