Alright, so I've been looking into getting a phaser recently, and I'd like some recommendations.

I want to be able to get that subtle EVH-style slight colouring of the tone, but at the same time I want to be able to get the more "modern" noticeable tones out of it.

As with anyone who's buying a phaser, my preferred brands are MXR and Electro-Harmonix, but anything you think'd be fitting I'm fine with, except for he Boss PH-3; I tried that a few days ago at GC, didn't much like the tone. I'd also like to spend no more than $130 on it; at that point I'm just getting the EVH signature, and as cheap as possible please, I'm a poor little musician.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
i have the phase 90 but if you can get the evh one get it

07 Fender American Deluxe Strat
07 Fender Custom Telecaster
09 Seymour Duncan Pickup Booster
09 Fulltone OCD V.4
10 Ibanez WH-10 V.2
09 Splawn SuperStock
10 Jet City JCA-20
97 Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Yeh the SICK! bit sounds a bit stupid.

Quote by timzee117
i have the phase 90 but if you can get the evh one get it

Well, can you get the EVH-style colouring from a standard Phase 90? Because if so I'd love to spend $50 less...
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 50-54
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 0-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 0-0
^ Well, I believe EVH used a Phase 90 (or maybe Phase 100?), so that would probably help you get there. However, his could have been modded, so it would make different noise, but I'm not sure.
Saint Louis Blues
id probably go for the mxr custom shop phase 90 if you want a phase 90. the $100 one that is a remake of the script phase 90. the van halen one is just the normal one with a switch to make it sound like the script version, but i found that when i tried it i just left it on the script setting the whole time.

the other option is the ehx small stone, but it sounds different than the phase 90. that one is a bit more modern to my ears, so id try it out and see what you think.

and if you want to go used, check ebay for a boss ph-2 (or ph-1 if you can find one). they sound much better than the ph-3 and offer a bit more control than the single knob on the mxr or ehx phasers.