I have heard that if you sharpen the knife edges, it help with the tuning. If so, where are the edges?

Also, where do you lube it?
Quote by SadClown12

Also, where do you lube it?

And that's what she said.
Yeah, sorry I don't have any truly useful info. I only have guitars w/ FR
=)
Where did you get that?
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Well it will stay in tune better but it'll still wear out fast.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
the knife edges/pivot posts.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
ok, the pivot points of the arm? Its my first trem, I dont know where everythings is...

and can I lube it with WD 40?
will lubing it involve taking it off?

and should I just buy an edge pro to put in the Iceman? does that stay tuned better?
consult the floyd rose sticky.
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
the knife edge is where the tremelo pivots on the posts going into a guitar. I would not sharpen them, it would just get worn out fast and probably be pretty difficult to sharpen.
The #1 rule about an edge trem is.... DO NOT BUY A GUITAR THAT HAS AN EDGE ON IT. Thats the only advice i have!
Quote by IPlaySchecter
The #1 rule about an edge trem is.... DO NOT BUY A GUITAR THAT HAS AN EDGE III ON IT. Thats the only advice i have!

Fix'd
Current Gear:
Audient iD22 interface
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
Quote by oneblackened
Fix'd

It didnt need to be fix'd! all edges are junk! Not just the edge III.
^Not true. Some people believe that the Edge Pros and Edge Zeros are better than OFRs.
Well i hate trems period! I dont and wont own a guitar with any trem on it! I do realize its all a preference thing. I would rather just play my guitar and not worry about messing with the trem all the time and tuning. Some guys love trems, and thats great, All the guys i know who use them have floyd's bigsby's or Kahlers. Ive never heard of anybody having much luck with the edge stuff. and thats a shame because Ibanez does put out some guitars i would like if they didnt have that damn trem on them.