i was supposed to buy an Ibanez S5470, yes it's an amazing guitar, but i cant buy it cuz of the money. anyway i need to buy a cheaper guitar, preferbly an Ibanez and as good as or better than the S5470. i am out of ideas, please help me, i mainly play metal/neo-classical/classical/rock.

EDIT: THE GUITAR MUST HAVE 24 FRETS
Last edited by TheRstar at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by Ponomar
Have you looked into ESP or maybe Dean?

Yea they are welcome too, its just that Ibanez is more versatile, or so in my opinion
ESP is a great guitar company, very nice sound, just listen to Metallica for example they play ESP's most of the time. As for Dean, it's really good for just shredding. An example of what a Dean sounds like is Dimebag Darrell (R.I.P.) from Pantera, he did some amazing pinch harmonics on them.
Just so everyone knows, its an HSH and has the features:
* Satin Oil finish
* 5-piece Wizard Prestige 24-fret neck
* Mahogany body
* Jumbo frets
* ZR2 bridge w/ZPS3 spring system
* HGD1 neck humbucker pickup
* ST1 mid single coil pickup
* HGD2 bridge humbucker pickup
* Gotoh precision tuning machines

Possibly could find an ibanez mahogany body and switch out the pickups to something else?
Quote by TheRstar
my budget is <= $1000 (less or equal to), the reson i dont want the normal S is because it dosent have 24 frets

solution: you only need about 300 bucks for the S5470. christmas is coming up. ask for nothing but money, and voila!
Quote by SlashYourFug
solution: you only need about 300 bucks for the S5470. christmas is coming up. ask for nothing but money, and voila!

What makes you think people will give him that much money?
Quote by SlashYourFug

i am in canada... its ~1500 here, and i wana quit my job reallly bad i ****IN HATE MY JOB I SWEAR ONE DAY IMA KILL EVERYONE AT MY WORKPLACE FUKING BASTARD CUNTS...i am a cashier... anyway i just basically want a guitar less costly as the S5470 and which is still nice sounding, please just give me ideas, ill try them out later.
Quote by TheRstar
i am in canada... its ~1500 here, and i wana quit my job reallly bad i ****IN HATE MY JOB I SWEAR ONE DAY IMA KILL EVERYONE AT MY WORKPLACE FUKING BASTARD CUNTS...i am a cashier... anyway i just basically want a guitar less costly as the S5470 and which is still nice sounding, please just give me ideas, ill try them out later.

Well you ARE a cashier...
Quote by TheRstar
dont put ideas in my head man, i am mentally unstable.

None of us are, we play guitar.
Umm, not an Epiphone is all I can say. Dean and ESP's are really good for the price, and they're quite affordable.
Do you really want a single coil?

if not you could always try to find a used rg 520, they have mahogany bodies and are real nice.
Quote by Panguin
ew..boo at mahogany~~ saw dust wood ftw

Fender makes the worst guitars
i had an ibanez rgt 42 a while back and it played beautifully. nowadays you can only find rgt42[letters] but it's the same guitar with a different finish and what not. i grew out of shred but i miss it so. they go used on ebay for around $350!
╠═══════╬═══════╣

SOUND MASON σƒ τλε τρπ βπστλεπλσσδ

╠═══════╬═══════╣

Pickups for sale!