ok well i was at swing city music today and i played and epi sg and i did not like the neck so i was wondering what are other good guitars for 300 that are good for classic rock like acdc metallica and gnr. thx oh and it CANT BE USED
Squirrels>all other animals group

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
Get an Ibanez RG2EX1. Personally, I hate Ibanez, but that's 'cause I don't play metal or shred guitar stuff. I'm a blues man. But, it is undoubtedly a nice guitar for its price, very good looking, very thin comfortable neck, and is pretty versatile. You can use it for most anything, although it doesn't have a trem. It has a standard fixed bridge, and V7 and V8 pickups, which are the same they use on some of their higher-end axes, so you know they can't be that bad. Other than that, the Kramer FR-424CM would be your best bet, and it's only $270.
b/c my dad said no...thats y it cant be used

its for christmas so i cant save it up

Quote by Prophet of Page
I don't recommend passive pickups for any kind of blues tone. Ideally, you'd want a passive pickup with a reasonably low level of output.
try a jackson kelley model. i just got one a couple of days ago and it plays great.
Jackson JS series (JS = JAckson STudent) aren't bad for the money, but there are better. Ibanez is known for good quality in their cheaper guitars, and not so great in their higher end models(Haha). Kramer is just awesome (Once again, Haha), but they're not that great for metal.
Check out some of the Ibanez under $300. They have like 5+ models in that price range you may or may not like.
Are you looking for two humbuckers or a SSH setup?

And are you looking at a specific body style? Strat, SG, Gibson Les Paul?

You might also look into the Epiphones in your price range.

And a "UG Favorite" seems to be the Yamaha Pacifica PAC112(J/V), which is a strat style SSH.

Edit: Oh wow, you have a Starcaster x_X. At least you have the Peavey Vypyr 15 so you have a good start with that...
Last edited by Anonymous9001 at Nov 29, 2008,
Quote by EclipseCT
Get an Ibanez RG2EX1. Personally, I hate Ibanez, but that's 'cause I don't play metal or shred guitar stuff. I'm a blues man. But, it is undoubtedly a nice guitar for its price, very good looking, very thin comfortable neck, and is pretty versatile. You can use it for most anything, although it doesn't have a trem. It has a standard fixed bridge, and V7 and V8 pickups, which are the same they use on some of their higher-end axes, so you know they can't be that bad. Other than that, the Kramer FR-424CM would be your best bet, and it's only $270.

i like to play like blues rock would ibanez still be good??

Quote by Prophet of Page
you could get the new Dean Dave Mustaine model, there are several different paint jobs, the bolt on neck version is $300.
Quote by Anonymous9001
Check out some of the Ibanez under 300. They have like 5+ models in that price range you may or may not like.
Are you looking for two humbuckers or a SSH setup?

And are you looking at a specific body style? Strat, SG, Gibson?

You might also look into the Epiphones in your price range.

And a "UG Favorite" seems to be the Yamaha Pacifica PAC112(J/V), which is a strat style SSH.

preferably humbuckers umm...i like the sg and strat and les paul shape umm yea....oh and gibson is not a body shape
EDIT yea i got the peavey to upgrade about 2 months ago

Quote by Prophet of Page
It'd keep up with it, unless you like to add a few shred licks in your blues. Ibanez are normally low-action, high speed guitars. You should be fine though. It's also a lot about your amp as much as your guitar.
Ibanez works for blues, steve vai and joe satriani both play ibanez, plus that guy says ibanez is for metal and he's a "bluesman" yet he has an ESP logo by his name, i've never heard of a blues player playing esp, but maybe so.
yea thanks i hope i can get use to the neck tho

EDIT: so when i go to gc i will try the ibanez rg2ex1 rg3ex1 (the same but looks sweet) and the rg321mh

Quote by Prophet of Page
scratch the Dean dave mustain if you want a lp shape, i'd go with possibly an ibanez, it wouldn't be as rich sounding though.
Quote by jefffelker40
Ibanez works for blues, steve vai and joe satriani both play ibanez, plus that guy says ibanez is for metal and he's a "bluesman" yet he has an ESP logo by his name, i've never heard of a blues player playing esp, but maybe so.

Haha, I am quite ironic aren't I? That's what I have an American Strat and Gibson LP for though.
Haha, meant to add Les Paul after the Gibson part. Here is a list of a few that I was looking into when I was looking for my electric in your price range. Most are HH and I think one is SSH.

Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20
Ibanez RG120
ESP MH-50
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez GSA60
Stratocaster.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
Quote by Anonymous9001
Haha, meant to add Les Paul after the Gibson part. Here is a list of a few that I was looking into when I was looking for my electric in your price range. Most are HH and I think one is SSH.

Ibanez RG2EX1
Ibanez GRX20
Ibanez RG120
ESP MH-50
Ibanez RG321
Ibanez GSA60

thx man for all your help and i will be sure to look for that gibson body shape lol

Quote by Prophet of Page
try and Dean evo as well, that was going to be my first electric buy got stuck with an epi, the evo has a deep body shape, don't know about the neck though, I know some ibanez rg's have deep body design but many don't, the ibanez S series is good, if you don't mind it only having 22 frets and since your looking at epiphone i don't imagine you care.
well metallica use esps if im not mistaken.
my friend just picked one up (the f-50 which i wouldnt recommend,) but you may like one of their les paul models. that covers the metallica/gnr part of your influences
G&L Tribute S-500 -> Ernie Ball VP -> Boss SD-1 -> Fulltone OCD -> Small Stone Phaser -> Danelectro Cool Cat Tremolo -> Boss DD-3 -> Boss RE-20 -> TC Electronic Hall of Reverb -> Boss RC-2 -------> Modded Crate v18 Amp

www.wearewerebear.com
You *might* want to look into SSH setups if you want to be able to have some variety with styles. You modeling amp kinda covers that but still, doesn't hurt to look around.
GreenWood, a LEs PAul shape doesn't give you a Les PAul sound, and lower-end ESP's aren't that great for Metallica stuff. I wouldn't ever suggest an ESP for less than $420. I still say the RG2EX1 or a Kramer FR-424CM though ^_^