ive had it for about a year and a half and i think the tubes need to be changed because it hisses at high volumes and doesnt sound the same as it did. im a complete nub about this but i think it has 3 small tubes and 2 big ones of what type i dont know
any help would be great
I'm pretty noob to tube amps too, but I think its the big ones (power tubes) you need to replace, check the manual, it should tell you if they are 6L6 tubes or EL34 or maybe even a different kind.
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
Quote by mrxtreme_4
I'm pretty noob to tube amps too, but I think its the big ones (power tubes) you need to replace, check the manual, it should tell you if they are 6L6 tubes or EL34 or maybe even a different kind.

haha if i only had the manual :/ i think they are EL34's though
alrite, well then just check on their website or something to be sure. I think you can get two power tubes in a pack that are already biased and just simply need to be put in (thats what she said)...haha.

Some companies I've heard of are, JJ, Ruby, Groove...
Gear:
Fender Highway One HSS Strat
Art & Lutherie Cedar Acoustic
Line6 UX2
No amp ... Help me find an amp
That hiss is more likely just 60hZ hum from your guitar.

Shield your guitar, according to the guide on guitarnuts.com. I get my foil tape from stewmac.com.

I guarantee you that your extraneous background noise will decrease.

As for tubes, You'd be pretty safe than Tung-Sol 12AX7's for the preamp and either JJ EL34's or Svetlana EL34's for the power amp.
However, I don't think tubes are going yet.
yeah i went to the orange site then put the tube name into google thetubestore came up so im gonna get em from there, thanks again!