i cant do the no matter what the F*ck i do

ive tried every technique and i still cant get that harmonics out of my guitar

how do i do it

help....
The UN-exiled one.
Pinch or natural harmonics?

For natural harmonics, you just have to place your finger gently over a fretbar (5, 7, 9, and 12 work best) so it's barely touching, pluck the string, and lift your finger quickly.

For pinches, just adjust the way you hold the pick, get it so there's hardly any pick tip poking out from your thumb and index. If you get a dead/muted note, you don't have enough tip poking out. If you just get a regular note, you have too much. It just takes practice.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Garou1911
Pinch or natural harmonics?

For natural harmonics, you just have to place your finger gently over a fretbar (5, 7, 9, and 12 work best) so it's barely touching, pluck the string, and lift your finger quickly.

For pinches, just adjust the way you hold the pick, get it so there's hardly any pick tip poking out from your thumb and index. If you get a dead/muted note, you don't have enough tip poking out. If you just get a regular note, you have too much. It just takes practice.

This

And practise helps too.
Lead guitarist of a band which has no name

N
I thought i'd put something back seen as i was asking this same thing a few months ago

Artificials are pretty easy if you just read up there ^.

Pinch harmonics are tough to get down.. it just takes a lot of practice.. and a lot of noise (I just sat with my amp on full treble+gain making horrible sounds until someting good came out)

Takes some time to be able to master them, i sat down after a while, and suddenly i was able to do them when i wanted.. must have been muscle memeory or something but all the practice paid off , and that video really helped!

Just practice!! It'll come )

EDIT:

It's all in your pick + thumb position, just brushing the string after striking it, literally hardly any pick should be showing so its easy for your thumb to touc hthe vibrating string, creating an artifical harmonic.
Last edited by metalnoob89 at Nov 30, 2008,
what kind of pickups? if you have single coils it will be very difficult and even harder if you are not using the bridge position