ive been finger picking acoustic since i started playing tooo many moons ago and recently i thought about learning to play with a plec cause i got a semi acoustic and i wanted to get that sound.
then tonight i watched Mark knopfler (on tv not in person) finger picking and wow and then i watched BB King with a plectrum wow.
just wondering about others views

this is not an argument i just thought it would be interesting to know what others do.

chris(swales)
some soind require Finger picking like Stairway To Heaven

but most of the time ppl use a pick
The UN-exiled one.
I do both.

I initally started learning fingerpicking because plectrums felt strange and uncomfortable to me. After about a year or two (somewhere in between), I finally forced myself to learn to use a pick, and it's opened up a whole spectrum of new tones and techniques. I practice both dilligantly, and I use both often. It's a blast
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
Quote by Guitargod327
some soind require Finger picking like Stairway To Heaven

but most of the time ppl use a pick

but its not just what people use

i wathed Mark knopfler (tv again doh) and he plyed full on electric finger picking and i would have sworn he was using a pleck (by the way i am not a fan)but i was really suprised at the sound he produced.
bet his nails are heavily insured!!!!!
personally though i would like to be able to do both.
chris(swales)
oh and stairway to heaven i could tab it out whilst driving the car so simple yet so perfect.