Page 1 of 2
When I sit down with a guitar, the first thing i play is blackbird by the beatles.

What is the first song you play when you get your hands on a guitar???
Funny

(\__/)
(='o'=)
(")_(")
Nothing in particular. When I'm out at a place and I come across a guitar, I immediately forget every song I know.
You're*
When I'm in the market for buying one?

To test distortion: Glasgow Kiss- John Petrucci

Acoustic: Variant of Ocean- John Butler Trio

When I'm at home, I just make up some jazz riff and improvise.
Play the man, Master Ridley; we shall this day light such a candle, by God's grace, in England, as I trust shall never be put out.
Quote by Survivalism
Nothing in particular. When I'm out at a place and I come across a guitar, I immediately forget every song I know.

ha this lol
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
Quote by Survivalism

Haha same. Usually all I can remember is the solo to Highway Star.
Either that or I make something up, and everybody goes "What song is that?"
I tell them I made it up and they say "Oh." and look dissappointed.
Member of the official GB&C "Who to Listen to" list
Quote by handbanana
wiliscool is just plain dumb
When I pick up a guitar I don't usually have a song that I regularly play. Maybe Bloc Party - Hunting For Witches to stretch my fingers.
Solo to "One"

mostly just the tapping part
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
Quote by Survivalism

Haha, same. But usually just something I made up the night before, or random notes.
usually i test the distortion of the amp and guitar by doing some pinch harmonics..and when i pick up a guitar i usually just improvise and throw songs in

Quote by wiliscool
I make something up, and everybody goes "What song is that?"
I tell them I made it up and they say "Oh." and look dissappointed.

haha same here
Crazy Train, usually.
Quote by necrosis1193
John Entwistle once in a while. I had to try to find him when I saw The Who two years ago.

Quote by sticksause
butthose bagpipes sound awesome.
I usually just jam, play some scales, then start playing songs, usually something random, Sweet child o' mine, Breakin the law, etc...
i improvise
To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true.

General blues/pentatonic/minor scale wankery to get the fingers limber. Occiasionally I'll play a song just for sh*ts and giggles, but I don't really practice unless it's one of my own.
-Guitar Gear-
1995 American Fender Strat, EMG 85 pup
Randall RH200 Head
Marshall 1960a Cab
Woods Acoustic
-Bass Gear-
Spector Legend 4 bass
Washburn Bantam bass
Hartke HA2500
Fender Bassman 410H
Play what you love, love what you play
the intro riff to tornado of souls - megadeth or episode 666 - in flames. dont know why, stupidly inpractical having to go from standard tuning to C.
Some chords really, to get my hands warmed up. I'll either improvise or do a chorus to some song, like Can't Stop or something like that.
The name's Austin
Quote by Leo Tolstoy
Music is the shorthand of emotion.
Quote by Friedrich Nietzsche
Without music life would be a mistake.
Quote by Gargantuan
C scale
always.

E scale riff, always.
They credited us with the birth of that sort of heavy metal thing. Well, if that's the case, there should be an immediate abortion.

-Ginger Baker
Now You've Got Something to Die For- Lamb of God. Love that song, Before i started listening to it lots though i would play the Benny Hill theme song.
::type i'm here to stir the $h!t

Donna Lee

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Normally I try to figure out whatever riff I have in my head at the moment, but I always end up going back to the 2nd and 3rd (?) riffs of Darkness Surrounding by A7X.

The part that starts like this:

|-------------------------------------|
|-------------------------------------|
|-------3--x-3-3-3-------3-3-3---|
|-2--2-3--x-3-3-3-2--2-3-3-3---|
|-2--2-1--x-1-1-1-2--2-1-1-1---|
|-2--2---------------2--2-----------|
Signature temporarily empty
Quote by Survivalism

+1 One time at Sam Ash, I was playing this SG and all I could remember was Enter Sandman and some Green Day.
James "The Rev" Sullivan
1981-2009
May He Rest In Peace
First, I always play this three or four-minute improv I do on the third, fourth, and fifth patterns on the A Minor Pentatonic scale. I've memorized the whole thing so its not really an improv, but it's pretty freakin' awesome. I should tab it and make it into a solo.
Quote by IDread
You know something is wrong when you have to utter the words "I have ganja in my eye" to your mother...

Quote by RIPKurt67-94
Aliens don't exist. I live on Mars, and I can assure you that there is no life here.

I hijacked this!
it varies quite a bit now, but it used to be Master of Puppets for quite a while and Back in Black before that
Quote by Mr. La Fritz
"all fatties report to the gym!"

Quote by mosh_face

music should only sound like a train running into a wall of BC riches plugged into line 6 spiders
the art of shredding by pantera
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
schism by tool or some random thrash or punk song
cause thats the kind of dude i am: random
tugboat
see i told you
Quote by RizzoWashburn
Oh, and this is the internet. I have the right to be a douchebag. Fuck off.
Glasgow Kiss is always good.
I sued Delta Airlines, 'cause they sold me a ticket to New Jersey, I went there, and it SUCKED.
I lay some Funk #49 down on them, that's what I do.

But if it's an acoustic, I'll just play goofy stuff, like messing around with sixths and stuff. Or perhaps some random Neil Young.
Quote by jetfuel495
that is one goddamn shiny mother****ing toaster you have there
Quote by Dog--
It seems the top of those waffles are burnt.
Quote by imdeth
The toast has little red arrows growing from it. Nobody wants that.

SHUDDUP AND EAT YER TOAST
1234 1234 1234.... Chromatic scale.
Quote by Spellcaster
Yes I have sigged myself.
Page 1 of 2