Question one: What is tuning gear ratio?

Question two: What is F-Spacing in pickup terms?

Statement: Don't buy any guitar with an Edge III tremolo... I must've seen at least five threads today about people complaining about their Edge III. Hopefully they've learned their lesson. I don't know Sam Totman od DragonForce can stand, his signature Ibanez guitar has a Edge III!
1) IDK, I'm assuming a tuner with a ratio of 18:1 would be like 18 half steps for every one turn of the peg??? I'm probably way off.

2) Spaces the poles at optimal postion for a FR style guitar. It's not really necessary.

Statement: as long as you keep one set up well they're not TOO huge of a problem. Or atleast that's what I've heard.
Quote by edusty2010
1) IDK, I'm assuming a tuner with a ratio of 18:1 would be like 18 half steps for every one turn of the peg??? I'm probably way off.

Nope. For every 18 full turns of the peg, the tuning gear turns once.
Quote by cohen5250
Question one: What is tuning gear ratio?

Question two: What is F-Spacing in pickup terms?

Statement: Don't buy any guitar with an Edge III tremolo... I must've seen at least five threads today about people complaining about their Edge III. Hopefully they've learned their lesson. I don't know Sam Totman od DragonForce can stand, his signature Ibanez guitar has a Edge III!

i bet sam gets a specially made edge that isnt a piece of crap
Quote by AgentWiggles
Thanks, douche.

Quote by SlayingDragons
Dude...

Gear:
Ibanez SZ 520QM
Ibanez RG 450DXB
Fender Big Apple Stratocaster
Pod XT Live
Peavey XXX Half Stack
Peavey Bandit 112
and a soul of Rock n' Roll
F Spaced or trembucker is wider spaced pole pieces and a wider pickup designed for Fender bridges and Floyd Rose bridges so the pole pieces line up better with the strings. The F actually stands for Fender Spaced I believe and not Floyd Rose but its all the same basically.
Dimarzio uses the term f-spaced and Seymour Duncan calls it trembuckers instead of humbuckers.
2003 Music Man Axis Pacific Blue Burst
Quote by Nightfyre
Nope. For every 18 full turns of the peg, the tuning gear turns once.

Is that good?
Quote by cohen5250
Is that good?

It makes stringing up a b!tch if you don't have a peg winder tool (think about how many turns of string you have on the post, usually about 3. 3x18=54 turns of the peg before you even worry about pitch), but tuning is much more precise as a result. You can get tuners with up to a 21:1 gear ratio, maybe even higher, but I think 18:1 is fine. Lower than 16:1 can cause problems with tuning accuracy, so sticking with 16:1 or 18:1 isn't a bad idea. But most of the decent tuners have a gear ratio of 16:1 or 18:1, so no worries.