After selling my Gibson Commemorative Flying V, buying a used Fender American Strat, and selling a Randall RM100KH Head, I have almost 2,700 dollars in new gear funds. This brings on the happiness of a new Axe. My favorite way to spend my life savings. So, I'm going to buy a high-end Jackson, preferrably a USA model. Any suggestions on which, and if they're any good?

-Thanks
IMO, I'd get an RR1 or SL2h-MAHQ
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
soloists are the sh*t. especially modded ones
just get a reality tv show and then u can make millions being a **** up

MTV Sucks

Quote by hazzmatazz
You think you need help and you don't watch it everyday?

Oh man I'm well and truely on the point of no return then

MY COUSIN IS HOT
custom ftw
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
I don't mind passive or active. It's going to be for home use, and maybe a little traveling use or practice, but not live performance. I have other guitars set aside for that particular reason.

I like the Soloist's pretty well. Thin neck, somewhat lightweight, and curved body makes them very nice, but I don't play a lot of shred guitar or anything of that nature. Are they very versatile? And what country are they made in?
You should get the Jackson Dominion, Mark Morton from Lamb of God's signature guitar. It looks real nice. I've always wanted to play one.
I just came across a JAckson SL1 Soloist, with Seymour Duncan pickups, neck-thru, and a Floyd Rose. Is this any good?
Quote by EclipseCT
I just came across a JAckson SL1 Soloist, with Seymour Duncan pickups, neck-thru, and a Floyd Rose. Is this any good?

very!
Quote by TunerAddict,mdawg24
+Infinity

Listen to ExtremeMetalFTW, he knows what he is talking about...

Quote by vmanoman
I clicked System Restore and it said "System Restore Is Unable To Protect You".

^^SO KVLT!!
The pickup casing job is very open. Anyone had any long-term problems with electronics placement or that kind of thing? I know I'm being annoying, but I don't wanna buy a two thousand dollar guitar without knowing much first.
yeah - there good. only downside to the dinky model is that its still a bolt on, which i dont mind, but it doesn mean you dont quite have the neck join that you get on the sl1's.

as a slightly cheaper but equally awesome buy - esp horizon nt2 - same sort of deal really bit cheaper tho. great quality
I know about the Horizon. I own two They are great, but I've only owned one Jackson before. In 2001, I bought a KE3 Kelly. Two weeks later, I sold it. I like the Soloist's though ^_^
Find someone with a 1993 or earlier pro series jackson (i.e rr3, ke3,etc) that's in good condition.

Replace strings, replace some electronics if needed, and voila. You have a $900~ or cheaper guitar that feels like todays USA model.

Old Jackson Pro Series = Today's USA models.
KV2 w/ black ghost flames
Gear:
Morpheus Droptune
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Bugera 333xl 212
SCHECTER JEFF LOOMIS C7 FR
the RR5 and RR1 are great guitars and i never had any of guitars die on me before.
ESP Vintage 4
Fender American Special Jazz
Fender American Deluxe Precision
Ibanez SR700
Jackson DXMG
Fender American Standard Telecaster
SWR Black Beauty
Orange Thunderverb 50

Modulus Quantum 5 fund-$2150/$3369
Quote by Spartan101400
Why not go to Jackson's site and customize your own guitar?

This x1,000,000
Stromberg Montreux
Schecter Hellraiser 7 String
Mesa Boogie "Son of Boogie" 100W Head
Mesa Boogie 112 Cab with a Celestion Vintage 30
Electro Harmonix Small Clone
Death By Audio Fuzz War

Does Jackson have a Custom Shop? If so, I'd just save up more cash and go straight there.
Jackson customs are often more than twice a production model FYI. And their track record of adhering to the spec forms is not great. I also am an advocate of trying before buying, as while their QC is smoothing out, there still seem to be scattered issues. FMIC has done a GREAT job imo of dealing with them, but for obvious reasons, it is time consuming. They make great guitars, it's just better to try it out and inspect it before committing to purchasing it to be safe (which really you should do with ANY guitar in that price range).
wtf! ur the esp guy! does that mean that from now on your the jackson guy? i always preferred the esp guy!